US$306
US$140
US$371
US$146
Agoda.com
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$122
Official Site
US$130
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
1,590 results
All reviewsfirmdale hotelsrefuel barkit kempdean streethonesty bardeluxe junior suitefilm clubfirmdale groupdrawing roomham yardluxury roomroom serviceafternoon teabeautiful roomperfect hotelmini barconcierge staff
Reviewed 5 February 2009

First thing that hits you about this place is its friendliness. From the Australian receptionist to the room service, all the hotel staff have a warmth of character which immediately makes you feel relaxed and at home. Though the Soho is not large in terms of scale, it is a hotel with a big heart. And there seems to be a sense of teamwork permeating the place which is dedicated to high calibre customer service.

I was allocated a great room on the fourth floor of the hotel. The rooms are large with latticed windows which run the whole length of the bedroom. There's a brightness about the place (both in terms of decor and natural light) which makes you feel good. It was snowing outside when I arrived and the room was alluringly warm. Given the cold weather conditions outside, I decided to take it easy for a while and watch the live Liverpool-Chelsea match on their high tech flat screen television. There's also a stereo sound system/radio in the room ; but it sounds a bit more tinny than the more authentic sound delivered by the television.

The hotel has Soho as its natural hinterland. It is just off Dean Street and quite close to Gerrard Street. The night I arrived, there was a restaurant roasting three or four suckling pigs in an outside atrium (in honour of the Chinese New Year) and the smell was divine. Not surprisingly, I called in later on to sample this most succulent of pork. But, having read Timothy Mo's Sour Sweet novel (about an unfortunate London victim of the Triad gangs) many years ago, my imagination was in overdrive as I walked through Chinatown, wondering whether there was a more dangerous underbelly to this most sociable of places. But if it exists, I did not discover it.

It was really a relief to be cocooned in this wonderful hotel as the weather conditions deteriorated outside. Though my view over the rooftops occasionally stretched way beyond Oxford Street, the burgeoning snowfall would reduce my visibility from the window to almost nothing in the space of seconds. The room was so comfortable that it made me reluctant to leave it in the morning.

And the hotel has a great selection of breakfast dishes to suit all tastes. More importantly, however, the total cost of breakfast (of £20) was not unreasonable in the London scheme of things. If I had to describe it, I would place the food in the "very good" as opposed to "great" category. But incredible skill is required to produce hotel breakfasts which reach the guest's room in optimum condition.

All in all, I had a highly relaxing stay at the Soho Hotel. My positive evaluation is also influenced by the fact that the room was available at a rate of Euro 250 a night. Not inexpensive. But worth it for the degree of comfort and service provided by the Soho Hotel.

Stayed: February 2009
2  Thank Insightful
Reviewed 3 February 2009

Stayed here with my husband for two nights on 9th and 10th January to celebrate a special birthday for me.Fabulous room on the 4th floor with huge windows looking over the rooftops of London. Location is perfect and considering the hotel is so central was surprisingly quiet at night ,ensuring a good nights sleep.All the staff were friendly and helpful.Check in was dealt with quickly and efficiently and, as it was my birthday we were offered complimentary champagne at the bar.On our first night we ate in the restaurant. The food was ok - nothing special. We ate breakfast in our room, which was fine. I particularly liked the extensive choice for breakfast.Overall a lovely place to stay and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2009

I booked into this hotel for three days to meet with business colleagues from abroad. In the past I’ve used the Covent Garden Hotel for such a purpose; but having read the rave reviews on TripAdvisor, this time I thought I’d take the chance and switch to the Soho Hotel.

The Covent Garden is certainly a tough act to follow but I was not disappointed. Enough superlatives have already been written about the Soho to benefit from further expansion here. All I can do is confirm that it is indeed rare to find a hotel as good as this and point out what for me are some of its best features. In no particular order, these are:-

The location. Right in the heart of things and within easy walking distance of some of the best restaurants, theatres, cinemas and other entertainment spots in London! Surely no one could be bored while staying here.

The rooms. These are spacious, kitted out with all mod cons (high quality flat-screen TV, DVD player, power shower, etc.) and furnished with traditional and modern items. The style is apparently known as ‘Contemporary London’. In any event, the elegant blend of the best of the traditional and modern is a winning combination and provides a relaxing home-from-home environment. The rooms are serviced twice daily and the bed linen and towels are changed every day, which is exactly how it should be in a deluxe hotel. The common parts are also kept in immaculate order.

The staff. The people who work here are always keen to help and are clearly dedicated to maintaining the highest standards. They ensure the whole place runs like clockwork even when it is vibrant and busy

I would agree with a previous reviewer that the hotel restaurant is a long way from being the best in London. However, the bistro-style food that it serves is very good value, particularly if you go for the set menu option. The restaurant is certainly vibrant, being separated from the hotel bar by just a glass screen.

Are there any downsides? Well, one slight quibble during my stay concerned the refurbished of a nearby room. This resulted in some noise and the corridor being blocked on a couple of occasions by some ill-mannered and shifty looking workmen. This was an annoyance most certainly, but I guess nowhere is perfect. The Soho Hotel, however, comes very close. I’m already looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
5  Thank TedMeades
Reviewed 21 January 2009

I just returned from a four night stay at the Soho hotel and couldn't have been more pleased with the hotel. First, the location is great - very close to the British Museum with tons of shops and restaurants within walking distance. One nice thing about this is that if you're there on a Sunday the area isn't totally dead like most of the rest of the city. Second, the hotel is just beautiful - it's modern without being overly hip and just very comfortable and cozy. There's a nice mix of traditional English florals with modern design - definitely not the sort of granny-nice that some high priced hotels seem to favor. Also, the rooms are enormous - we had a deluxe room and the bedroom portion was about 20 feet by 16 feet and an 8 by 10 bath. The best thing about this hotel is the service though. We arranged our trip somewhat last minute and so we didn't have all our details worked out before we left. The concierge made dinner reservations for us every night we were there at at nice places (Hakasan, Tom's Kitchen) and got us theater tickets as well. The service is what made this place stand out and made us feel at home so when we come back to London we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2009
5  Thank oscarfelix
Reviewed 5 January 2009

The fact that the Soho ranks as London's best is one of the many reasons why I love Tripadvisor. I've stayed at the lion's share of upmarket London properties on business; time and again when I am asked what my favorite hotel in London would be, I immediately exclaim: The Soho!

There's nothing that comes close to approximating the combination of nice design, warm service and buzzy atmosphere. I have even tried other Firmdale Hotels addresses thinking I might come close. The Covent Garden and Haymarket almost do the trick, but in the end, it's not just about the hotel - the cul-de-sac location is equally fab, almost like a cocoon, but at the heart of the West End, deep inside Soho, my favorite place to stay in Central London for about a million reasons.

The restaurant isn't particularly noteworthy - not worth the price if you're an American in London with limited $$ to spend - but drinks and apps at the bar would be a fine idea at least one evening. Also make sure to take advantage of the guest lounges, both of them marvelous.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business