“Convenient in the East End”

Ibis London City-Shoreditch
Ranked #322 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 June 2017

This is a fairly typical low to medium standard hotel. It is convenient for the centre of London but is in the East End. The area it is in is very good for restaurants - particularly Indian and other Asian. It is readily accessible from London City Airport with Tower Gateway DLR station 5 minutes walk away and Aldgate East tube station just around the corner.

Room Tip: Choose a room that doesn't face onto Commercial Street. It is very noisy
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Giullaume D, General Manager at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis London City - Shoreditch.

Elena Caraus
Front Office Team Leader

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Pros:
- GREAT wifi, got 30Mb down and 15Mb up in my room. No annoying limitations on devices, so I was able to connect a laptop and a phone.
- check in was quick and easy
- room was larger than I expected, and had everything I needed

Cons:
- bad service. I complained about a dripping air conditioner which stopped me sleeping and made a damp patch on the carpet. Nothing was done.
- the toilet flush button, which only had some tenuous connection to the actual flush and was embedded in a fake wall, stopped working.
- I brought these up again during checkout but the teenagers staffing the desk basically said "sorry" and that was that. I suspect they aren't authorised to do anything more.

Although I generally liked the hotel (and the price couldn't be beat!), and I really like the 'just the essentials' approach, I think the quality of construction shows through in the room fittings.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris H
Giullaume D, - at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Dear Sir,

thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Ibis London City and I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations due to technical problems in your room.
The standard procedure in our hotel is, that if you report the problem during the day we pass it directly to the maintenance and if it is reported in the evening we try to sort it out on our own and if we do not succeed we report it to maintenance the following morning. If we have some rooms available, we can also offer our guests to change the room. I sincerely apologize if the situation was not handled properly. Please accept a free upgrade for our newly renovated room, in case you decide to give us a second chance. If you want to collect your free upgrade, please contact us via email h5011-rd@accor.com.

Best regards,
Anna Ferencikova
Front Office Team Member

Reviewed 21 June 2017

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Giullaume D, - at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Nice for being an Ibis. There is nothing inside but at least clean. A bit pricey (200£ per night) but average for London City. The air conditioning was ok. Quiet room on the 6th floor. I didn't eat at the restaurant inside.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Giullaume D, Front House Team Member at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we are delighted to invite you to try our restaurant`s menu next time you will be here.

Selene Trombatore

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Great location just a minutes walk from Aldgate East and a 5 minute walk from Aldgate tube stations. Close to Spitalfields and Shoreditch for bars and restaurants.
Check in and out was smooth and easy and the staff were friendly.
Hotel lobby was modern and clean and a nice place to grab a drink.
The rooms were very basic but clean. The bathrooms were horrendous, very bright and looked like they belonged on a plane. For the price I expected something better.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Giullaume D, FRONT HOUSE TEAM MEMBER at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Dear Mr / Mrs traveler
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis London City - Shoreditch. I am sorry that your experience did not meet 100 % your expectations,
At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Selene Trombatore.