US$247
US$186
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Hyde Park(London)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$100
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$119
Official Site
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)
US$131
US$117
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

US$173
US$133
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

US$144
US$253
US$181
HotelsClick
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$204/night.

US$95
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

All reviewsleinster armsdouble ensuite roomclose to hyde parkbad pointsnotting hillrooms are smallreception staff aremarble archbus stopoxford streetbayswatercornflakesgigsainsburysearplugs
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I chose a mix shared room for 8 people and it was very tiny. We had 3 beds one uppon the other one so it means that you could choose to sleel on the floor, in the middle or attached the ceiling. The bed on the lower lever had the mattress on the floor without any support. And the bed on the highest level had just like 45 cm to the ceiling. On the floor there is moquette (not hygienic at all). And the bathroom was so tiny, no space to move.
Anyway it's in a good position and the price was the cheapest in London!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Smart Hostels L, Guest Relations Manager at Smart Hyde Park View Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Thank you for you for reviewing your stay with Smart Hostels, we are surprised to hear that you felt the room unclean as they are clean daily by our housekeeping team. As you can imagine being in such proximity to the centre, living space can be reduced, fortunately we have a wide variety of room sizes so our guests can the the right choice when booking.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

I'm surprised there are so many bad reviews. I mean, what do people expect for such a low price?
I stayed here for 6 days in an 8 person dorm and really have nothing to complain about. Ok, maybe just about a lift - it was quite slow; and that it was quite hot in the room (no aircon, only one fan), but we opened the window so all was fine.
Room, beds and bathroom were clean. Location is great. Staff is very friendly, polite and helpful.
Also:
- power sockets: each bed in my room had its own power socket
- the hot water: at first I thought there was no hot water, but I just kept turning the shower handle till I got it

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Shay N
Smart Hostels L, Guest Relations Manager at Smart Hyde Park View Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thank you for review your stay with us, we are really happy that you enjoyed you stay with and that you found our staff friendly and the facilities clean, we hope you'll be able to visit again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

The rooms doesn't have space for 9 people. You can't open your luggage locker at the same time. There is only one bathroom per room and it's not clean actually and you will find just ONE SHOWER. You must go to the ground floor to use the only one bathroom available for the rest of the hostel, which one doesn't have shower neither.
The worst thing is that there are only two plugs and if u ask for extensions, they don't have any to lend you.
The staff is useless and the breakfast is very simple.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Martita C
Smart Hostels L, Guest Relations Manager at Smart Hyde Park View Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Thank you for your review and comments, all feedback is greatly appreciated. We are surprised to hear that you found the the facilities unclean as all our dorms and their washrooms are clean daily. Please report any outstanding issues to our reception so that our staff can swiftly act to resolve the situation. Being is such a central location and offering such a low price, living space does become limited, fortunately we have a range of room types to help guests pick the right choice for them them.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I have been to many hostels and literally this hostel has the worst coffins, I mean beds, ever. I took a while struggling to enter my bed. It's a three-beds row and each bed has a space height of 50 cm, it's awful, and definitely will not repeat this misery again. Other than that it has good location and clean.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Paula H
Smart Hostels L, Guest Relations Manager at Smart Hyde Park View Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thank you for you feedback, we try to offer competitively prices accommodation in the the centre of London. as you can imagine space doe become a premium but happily we have a variety of rooms to help guests make the right choice for their stay.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Positives:
-Location. Really close to tube stations, Paddington and bus routes. Right by Hyde Park.
-Has free wifi (I only used it to download a podcast and go on FB, it was sufficient for this)
-Lockers in room are good for storing valuables or small bags/suitcases

Negatives:
-Unbelievably hot. I was in an 8 person dorm and it was impossible to sleep with the heat. We had the windows open and the little fan going but it was awful. I understand that London doesn't normally get so warm so might not always be such a problem.
-Only 2 power sockets in the room and not even close to the beds. I'd suggest packing or buying a multi plug to increase the number of sockets.
-Cold showers. I am sure there must be some hot water at some point in the day but I never got any.

Not the Hostel's fault but a general comment about sharing a room in a hostel - please don't get up at 4:00am and dry your hair for 15 minutes and then continue to get ready with the light on for an hour.

I was staying for 3 nights but ended up paying for a hotel room for the second night as I needed to sleep. Unfortunately I couldn't find a hotel for the 3rd night, so went back to the hostel :(

There is free breakfast but I didn't eat it so can't comment. £5 to buy a towel, which I was happy to pay. No soap/shampoo but you can buy it at reception.

Room Tip: Try to get a private room or a room with fewer beds.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Ashleigh P

Thank you for for reviewing you stay with us, we are happy that you took full advantage of the of our location. yes the weather has been very hot, to help make our rooms as comfortable as possible each of our rooms have wall mounted fans to help with air-circulation. We are to say that we are slowly upgrading our rooms giving each room a power socket per bed, already many rooms have this and more will follow. We asks our guests to respect each other and ask any anti-social behaviour to be reported to or reception so it can be resolved as quickly as possible.