For a hotel on the edge of London's tourist and financial district, it was surprisingly peaceful once inside the building.
The room was everything one expects from a Premier Inn - clean, quiet and comfortable. The room I was given overlooked a central courtyard and it wasn't possible to hear the main road or the many railway lines behind the hotel.
Dining was excellent and a real testament to their hospitality. They'd launched a new menu shortly before my stay and it was a reaosnable improvement. I stayed for four nights and the staff were always friendly and remembered my choices - it's the many little touches like this that help convert the sterile chain hotel experience into a genuinely welcoming experience.
There's a Wetherspoons across the road if you want something different yet predictable to drink/eat, and a slightly quirky local pub just down the road under the railway arches. Tower Hill DLR and tube is less than 5 minutes' walk away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Around the corner from the Tower of London and minutes from Canary Wharf, Bank and Liverpool Street ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn and TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn London City (Tower Hill) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn London City (Tower Hill) Hotel London
- London Premier Inn
- Purple Hotel London
- Sleep Inn City London Hotel
- Purple Hotel City London