All reviews the natural history museum bed dorm hyde park girl guides gloucester road albert hall yogurt perfect location heathrow airport visit london tube
Reviewed 20 October 2017

This is a hostel. I wouldn't call it a hotel. The location is great and close to many underground lines. The property itself is updated and modern. The rooms are not bad. A little small, but for a hostel they were nicer than we expected. However, the bathroom smelled like urine and the shower curtain was disgusting and falling off the track. We informed the front desk numerous times and it still was dirty. Even with daily cleaning - it was not properly cleaned. We asked for some cleaner or disinfectant so we could clean it ourselves but they didn't give it to us. They gave us air freshener. So - there you go. That's what they clean with. Smh.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sohotosoho
Leanne S, Manager at MEININGER Hotel London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us our feedback. We are sorry to see that you were not satisfied with the room cleaning from our housekeeping staff. The rooms are cleaned on a daily basis. We like to apologize for the inconvenience this has brought to you. We are currently in the prcoess of updating all of our hotel rooms and hotel bathrooms.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I have stayed in hotels all over Great Britain and the world and can honestly say this hotel has the worst customer service I have ever come across. We arrived with a party of 36 9 and 10 year olds at 3:20pm nice and early to get prepared for our evening at the theatre leaving at 6! After 30 minutes we finally started to be checked in...this took forever despite us having supplied a list of names for each room prior to our arrival! When we complained about the time and how we were being collected at 6 we were told " your schedule is not my problem, our policy is my problem" I couldn't believe my ears...what kind of service is that!?? By 4:45 we finally had our rooms. The hotel knew we were a party of kids and yet they had put our adults around the corner in a different corridor to the kids ??? Surprise suprise nothing they could do leaving us to bunk in together. We dumped cases and headed for dinner which we were told would be at 5... only to find that there was no food ready at 5:20 the food came out...now the hotel knew we were a party of kids and what did they serve us?? Burgers? Chips? No pasta with pesto and wilted salad leaving most of my party hungry.
Breakfast the next day was almost as bad... no bread for toast, no ham no cheese no beans ...all had run out ...we had to ask for some and then wait ...plastic forks as they had run out of proper ones and no hot water for tea
The worst hotel I've ever had the misfortune to be in ...I would suggest your managers attend some customer service training ...and maybe you consider your guests requirements a little more ...

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Adeline B
Reviewed 1 October 2017

We stayed with my guides for a long weekend. The rooms are a good size and clean, they are basic but let’s face it you’re not booking the Ritz. The breakfast was a good selection however the room isn’t the biggest and I can get really busy. The location is only 5min walk to glouster road tube station where you can go anywhere in London.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 3 October 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review. Nothing pleases us more than hearing that a guest has enjoyed their stay. We are glad that you were happy with so many aspects of your visit. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

I lived there for a weekend. Placed in a beautiful location, you cold reach many museum and attractive places around there. Bedrooms are very clean. Breakfast is very delicious and complete( egg, bacon, jam, bread, orange juice, tea...).

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 4 October 2017

Thank you so much for your awesome review!
We are very happy to hear that you had a nice stay at our hotel/hostel and that you enjoyed the facilities and services we offer. I will let our staff members know that you appreciated their help. It is great to read that you are thinking of staying with us again. It would be our pleasure!

Reviewed 22 September 2017

I had a very comfortable stay here and booked into the refurbished female only dorm. The room itself was light, bright and clean, the bedding was crisp and fresh.which gave the 2 bunk and 2 single dorm a feeling of spaciousness. Each bed included a power point, light and under bed storage. It also includes a hanging area and several vertical lockers- your own padlock needed to secure. There is one ensuite bathroom which was hotel quality, modern and functional. Other lockers are available in the lobby, key deposit required, for smaller items such as laptop and handbag whilst a luggage room accessible via card and covered by CCTV.
I found the staff with welcoming, friendly and helpful. Annabel shined particularly bright and her attentive, warm and friendly demeanour definitely added to my stay.
The age demographic is varied, the social area is set up in the lobby so differs from other hostels who have a dining/kitchen area, i guess for this reason it appears less social and people do tend to sit amongst themselves quietly however are still approachable and i had no trouble connecting with other travellers. The location is great with direct access to train to and from London Heathrow airport, close to shops and British History Museum, V&A - Victoria and Albert Museum, Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens. A breakfast buffet is offered at an additional cost however i didn't purchase. I was told by others on my dorm that it was lovely and offered fresh fruit, cereal, toast and hot food and that they were happy with what they got for the cost.
I'll definitely be staying here next time i visit London and my only regret was not staying longer.
The only suggestion is that the room could do with either another bathroom or another seperate toilet. I was fortunate to be staying with other considerate and respectful women that the wait for the bathroom wasn't too much however with 8 beds/people to accomodate it could be an issue.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 4 October 2017

What a great review! Thank you so much for all your kind words about our staff members and for taking your time to share the experience of your recent stay at the MEININGER Hotel in London. We will share your compliments with the whole team. It is very nice to read that you were happy with the location of our hotel, security, the room facilities, cleanliness and that you liked the international atmosphere.
We hope to see you again soon.
Many Thanks