“Quite my favourite Restaurant”
Review of The Palomar

The Palomar
Ranked #448 of 25,272 Restaurants in London
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Such an interesting menu, they tell me its Isreali. Quaint place, friendly staff & incredible food. I dream of Jerusalem Mess, the most divine dessert ever. Their version of Eton mess but with lemon curd over crushed meringue & crumbled biscuit & cream. Sublime. The small plates that make up the meal are one better than the rest

Write a ReviewReviews (1,262)

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We were taking clients for lunch but one of our guests had emailed us in advance-no meat poultry fish gelatine goats cheese or chocolate! Blimey! I had a feeling in my water that this might be the place to keep everyone happy.
First impressions-i was surprised at how small the restaurant is. It has a nice bar eating facility but at the back half a dozen tables are shoe horned in.
Tremendous middle eastern sharing food. Particularly enjoyed the Rip and Dip starters, duck siske and shakshukit. The difficult guest was perfectly happy although she had to turn away the polenta as it had parmesan in it! It didnt go to waste.
Very helpful waiting staff. Not sure what i was expecting but it surpassed it and cant wait to go back.It has a lovely soho feel to it. cant help thinking that they will be looking for larger premises before too long.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

I have eaten at 100s of restaurants in London (expensive, cheap, independents and chains) and this is definitely the top in my opinion.
The dishes are served tapas style with each dish serving two people. We chose pita bread with 'Burnt Courgette Tzatziki' as a starter then two salads, a fish and a meat dish. (Though when we visit next we will probably only order 5 dishes.) I especially recommend the Burnt Courgette Tzatziki (don't let the word 'Burnt' in the title put you of), the Seared Scallops and the Beetroot Salad with Pomegranate. But all the courses were delicious and bursting with flavour. My partner (a committed meat eater) even loved the veggie dishes.
We finished with a yummy strawberry cheesecake to share.
The restaurant is small with bar seating and, I thought, rather too tightly packed tables. Still and sparkling water is offered free of charge - though they don't leave bottles on the table unfortunately.
You do need to book quite a bit in advance to get in. But this place is worth waiting for.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I found The Palomar after doing some research and made a reservation for our visit early June. We sat at the kitchen bar and the show commenced.The chef took time to make recommendations and talk to all of us. We had small plates to share and the Kubaneh, Tel Aviv Mix and Shakshukit were out of this world. The cocktails were delicious and creative. The staff was attentive and you could see that they enjoy their work. Without question, a memorable experience in London.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Had my birthday dinner here and it was one of the best meals I have had. The customer service was excellent and not derogatory (which tends to happen at other £££-££££ places). The food was very interesting and simply amazing - couldn't fault it. Can't wait to go back! Thanks for a very memorable evening.