“Good breakfast ”

Ranked #3,791 of 24,807 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: East End / East London
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Visited here for breakfast on a recent trip to London with my husband, was a bit off the beaten track but had good reviews. We both had a vegan fry up, I would have had rostis but they were sold out. Breakfast was a good size and good value for money. Ingredients seemed good quality, home made beans and decent sausage. The place was very light and open and had a nice atmosphere. Overall pretty good.

Diana S, Public Relations Manager at The Gallery Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

As a community cafe, we always want to keep our dishes low-cost, so it's lovely to hear you felt it was good value for money! And we're glad you liked the ingredients we used - we're passionate about sourcing fresh food and top quality ingredients from local suppliers :D Hope to see you here again!

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Oh wow - stumbled on the Gallery during an exploratory bike ride around the east end. What a lucky find! Best vegan breakfast ever! Scrambled tofu, shrooms with spinach, sausage, sour Pugh, fried spuds, homemade beans - OM NOM! Lovely cakes and coffee too in a space ploughing it’s profits into community projected. I salute you!

Diana S, Public Relations Manager at The Gallery Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hi Chris, that's very kind of you to say, thank you! We love being a not-for-profit cafe, we're a part of the charity St. Margaret's House, so our profits go back in to supporting the community through creative workshops, wellbeing classes and much more. And it sounds like a wonderful bike ride, getting to explore the East End - we hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

I’ve been working just down the road from this cafe for the last 2 weeks, decided to pop in for a quick lunch.

Nice selection of food on the menu.

I had the Seitan Burger which was good.

Now for the service... shocking. Several of the staff definitely need to learn a thing or two about customer service. Probably one of the most unwelcoming cafes I have walked into in a very long time.

We got a smile from the barista but that was about as far as it goes.

Shame.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Not the most welcoming cafe. I'm sure it would not hurt the staff to crack a smile. The juices are fantastic, but haphazard system of ordering them as they don't label them and you don't know what is what.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

After going to the gym I felt in need of something sweet, popped into the Gallery Cafe to see if they had anything vegan - to my surprise the cafe is now 100% vegan with a choice of 8 - 10 cakes on offer. I opted for the lemon polenta cake which was a recommendation - well worth taking the punt it was delicious.
Have only had the soups and burgers in here in the past which I highly recommend, but to go somewhere that caters for a vegans sweet tooth is hard to find - will definitely be back.

Diana S, Public Relations Manager at The Gallery Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Hi Wendy, we're pleased to now be your go-to spot for something sweet! We love switching up our dessert selection, and always having something new on offer. Hope to see you here again soon!