“mediocre food, terribly rude service”
Review of Wong Kei

Wong Kei
Ranked #8,230 of 25,295 Restaurants in London
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Soho
Reviewed 27 February 2018

This place deserves its reputation of being 'the rudest restaurant in London'. When I sat down, the cashier was shouting at an outgoing customer as if she was the one being served. The food was very mediocre and greasy - most Chinatown restaurants now serve better food than this place. Then if you don't happen to carry any cash, it would force you to leave them your mobile phone and tell you 'how do we trust you if you don't leave us your phone?!'. This, to be blunt, sounds like a restaurant and the kind of service you receive in a fourth-tier Chinese city.

4  Thank Peter N
Write a ReviewReviews (1,648)

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Went here for Chinese new year with my husband. It was very busy bu the food is really nice. Maybe go another time when it's no so busy

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

My husband had been here a few times so suggested for a fast service and generous portions...he was correct on one of those but we experienced neither...ushered upstairs to join 4 couples already in states of pre order or waiting..ordered immediately as we needed to be back...waited...waited...couples 1,2 & 3 all had ordered and eaten still nothing...i flag over a lady to chase ours up (25 minutes in)..she checks the order ...never says a word to us and goes about her business. .. couple 4 now orders, eats and leaves and still nothing.. 5 couples ate so we'd had enough, got up..then she flapped her arms saying food soon....soon...really...totally shabby attitude, total apathy from staff and I actually don't care that they probably had £40 of wasted food in process, speak to your customers, manage thier expectations, it's not hard.. .sad really as the food looked good but our faces obviously didn't!

3  Thank Rebekah H
Reviewed 25 February 2018

It's no wonder the staffs here are rude, as the lady boss is even rude! And the food served was cold! Was asking for the drinks menu and all I got was a rude reply of "Don't Have!"!

4  Thank 869zoem
Reviewed 21 February 2018

I was at this restaurant before and went there again at the weekend (17th Feb) with my sisters. It was crowded but we were prepared to wait as we did not want to share a table since we wanted to chat among ourselves with privacy. So we were told to go downstairs which we did and asked for a table there. The woman serving downstairs had a fit when asked to give us a table for 3 and asked if we were crazy and the table she was at seated many more people etc. She was told politely not to be rude! She then yelled and said if I did not like it I could leave "darling"! We should have left but my sisters told me to go upstairs because the food was worth it and we would wait upstairs! We did get seated but then there was a massive shouting match between two of the waiters and a customer. They were yelling abuse at each other and we thought it was going to end in a punch up! Finally our food was slammed down on the table with great impatience! I really don't know how this establishment gets away with it or if it even cares. That was my experience for what it's worth. I will go elsewhere in the future. It will be worth paying a little extra for a better experience without being yelled at! Not worth the hassle!

6  Thank RSFN