“An old favourite - quick, tasty and efficient meal”
Review of Wong Kei

Wong Kei
Ranked #8,221 of 24,553 Restaurants in London
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Soho
Reviewed 5 March 2018

The variety of reviews make me wonder if your experience depends very much on the time of day you are visiting and how crowded it is. My husband and I have been coming here for over thirty years and find it invariably reliable, quick and tasty. Our last visit was during the two hour interval between the two Harry Potter plays and it hit the spot once again. It was relatively quiet so we got our own table but do be prepared to share the big round tables during busy times. My daughter and I are vegetarian and the bean curd and vegetable dishes were lovely and really fresh. The vegetarian mixed starters were particularly good. I would call service abrupt rather than rude and generally pretty efficient. It is huge though so I can imagine some errors when it is buzzing. In our experience, they are always quickly rectified. The surroundings are pretty basic and down at heel but if you want a cheap and cheerful, well cooked meal then you can't go wrong. Remember to bring cash though.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,583)

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

In china town, a classic. Basic furniture, plastic plates, excellent food and value for money. A busy operation but efficient service. Sometimes too efficient, when you get everything at the same time. Love it as it is. Please don’t change it.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

The service was extremely poor, our order was incorrect & it was no better than what you would get at a Chinese takeaway but double the price! They didn't take food off our bill which we never received and overall was extremely disappointed. Would not go again.

3  Thank Kylie G
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I took some clients here as a bit of fun but it wasn't funny.

Food was ok but everything else was just poor. I think the heritage of miserable staff is now being taken too far and younger guys have absolutely nothing to offer.

Been here before and won't be doing it again!

3  Thank TRBUK
Reviewed 27 February 2018

This place deserves its reputation of being 'the rudest restaurant in London'. When I sat down, the cashier was shouting at an outgoing customer as if she was the one being served. The food was very mediocre and greasy - most Chinatown restaurants now serve better food than this place. Then if you don't happen to carry any cash, it would force you to leave them your mobile phone and tell you 'how do we trust you if you don't leave us your phone?!'. This, to be blunt, sounds like a restaurant and the kind of service you receive in a fourth-tier Chinese city.

4  Thank Peter N