“Very poor indeed”
Review of The Moon and Stars

The Moon and Stars
Ranked #1,017 of 1,951 Quick Bites in London
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Description: Opened in 1995 we are a member of the Wetherspoons chain providing a wide selection of food and drinks with a strong focus on efficient service and excellent quality. All at a competative price. Whilst we have a large range of international No1 products covering beers, wines and spirits we are also one of the largest real ale pubs in the area with a wide selection of ever changing beers (as many as 15 on at any time) featuring international and local real ale. With multiple real ale and cider festivals on throughout the year. We also have a lovely beer garden to enjoy it all in as well as large dining, drinking and family areas. We serve our main food menu from 08:00 to 22:30 every day of the week. With a multiple choices from healthy and light options to our full large breakfast, we serve breakfast from 08:00 to 12:00 every day of the week. Almost every day of the week you can come in a take advantage of our club meals which vary by day: Mexican Mondays, Steak and Grills Tuesdays, Wing-it Wednesdays, Curry Club Thursdays,Fish Fridays and a full sunday roast on a Sunday. Please drop us an email if you have any enquiries. Thanks for your time and we look forward to seeing you soon, The Moon and Stars.
Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

Sunday morning breakfast. ....
Surprisingly the pub had lots of people in at 10 am
I went to the busy bar and tried to order beans on toast.
The bar man took 5 mins to unravel the conundrum on the till... then announced it was indeed possible.
He placed my order and sent me on the way.
The waitress delivered to me... cold bean on toast... With no butter. She commented that she was embarrassed to bring it out.. but was ordered to do so....
I am not expecting the savoy.... but this was really pants....

Daza rating -4.... This is my first ever minus.

Date of visit: November 2015
Gregory w, Manager at The Moon and Stars, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Hi there Dazza,
Sorry to hear about your experience with us,
We do our best to maintain the quality of our food but sometimes we make mistakes.
Please email us directly when you read this and we can see if we can help make your next experience with us a little more enjoyable.
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
Greg.

Write a reviewReviews (108)

Reviewed 9 October 2015

Having visited many Wetherspoons, this is one of the best. It's clean and tidy, nice atmosphere (despite the no music Wetherspoons policy), good friendly service, usual range of good value beers, and the beer and curry deal is just fantastic. Good WiFi too.
Well worth a visit.

Date of visit: October 2015
Gregory w, Manager at The Moon and Stars, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2015

Hi there Tim,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review, your feedback means a lot to us.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2015

Typical JD Weatherspoon pub. This one is very large with lots of seating inside and out at the back. Very Good value for money with good service. Small car parking at the rear

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 24 June 2015 via mobile

I called on on a weekday for early morning breakfast and a coffee. Excellent value at under £5. I was greeted with a smile (what a difference this makes); I had my coffee in my hands within seconds and my breakfast arrived at my table within a few minutes. This is one of the best Wootherspoons I've even been in, it's light and spacious at the front with lots of snugs along the side. Unlike some pubs in this chain it does not look 'tired. I intend to visit again one evening and try the ales.

Date of visit: June 2015
Gregory w, Manager at The Moon and Stars, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2015

Hi there,
Thank you for your review, im glad to hear you had such a positive experience this visit and look foward to seeing you in the evening to try our ales, feel free to ask for a sample.
Many thanks,
Joseph.

Reviewed 5 April 2015 via mobile

This is about as good a Wetherspoons as you will get. Lots of space, friendly staff (with low turnover), prompt service, and reliable quality food. Certainly better than other local Wetherspoons.

Hello Rennelgale,
Thanks for your review, we hope to see you again soon.
Thanks,