“Kidney stone”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Odd feelings with this restaurant first time for lunch it was a pleasant experience, although I was by myself the owner said let me get a romantic table for you, l thought maybe it was a profound metaphysical connotation to contemplate.
The wait staff was attentive, the house wine was good and the food well seasoned, I thought I have found another niche of the many to enjoy a nice meal in the wonderful Chelsea neighborhood.
I was missing Tuscany where I’ve spent two weeks prior so I got back to Frantolo for lunch where they served me a dreadful brown greasy Gazpacho, it was like drinking a tasteless olive oil. The risotto with mushrooms was horrible but very good for kidney stones it was like I was bitting big grains of sand, I asked the waiter if maybe they didn’t wash the leeks properly, he got back saying that they use onions and without a proper examination he said that nothing was wrong with the dish, I didn’t dare to eat more, I was hungry so I got a salad from another waiter. They never got back to me and of course I was charged for the two bites I got from the risotto.
I believe in karma so I just paid and didn’t let the experience ruin my wonderful day in London. I’m coming back to UK in two months I will stay in Chelsea but unfortunately Frantolo will never be a special niche.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (210)

Reviewed 9 June 2021

Supposedly very popular, and we were looking forward to a jolly night out. but the service was dreadful, and they did not seem interested in us.. Food was quite good, but, although full, there was little atmosphere, and I would not rush back.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 30 May 2021

My wife, I, and another couple had lunch on Monday. Only a couple of other tables were occupied- a warning we should have heeded. The girls had spaghetti which was fine. I had cutlets and the other man cod. The cod was overcooked and had disintegrated; both main courses came with vegetables- reheated roast potato chunks with a lumpy orange mush. This was largely butternut squash but may have contained some carrot. Most disappointing and not cheap. We suspected Mr microwave was the lunchtime chef. Julian StL

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 12 September 2020

what a great place to go and eat of an evening! the atmosphere is electric with the staff and in particular the owner one in a million!
The food is good and of a very high standard!
We highly recommend Fantoio's! book to avoid disappointment!

Date of visit: September 2020
2  Thank R1slayer
Reviewed 7 August 2020

We had a lovely evening with friends,the food was amazing,service as well,the only problem was a tall guy with poor and long hair seemed friend of owner was like trying to talk with some tables like begging for a drink,apart of that the rest was amazing

Date of visit: August 2020