“Poor food and unhelpful staff - would never eat here again”
Review of The Vine

The Vine
Reserve with OpenTable
The Vine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,629 of 24,997 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Vine in North London’s buzzy Kentish Town is a perfect example of a wonderful marriage between old and new. Housed in a grand old Edwardian pub that’s been contemporarily and stylishly redesigned, this locally popular venue boasts fireside sofas for the winter, and a large secluded garden for Britain’s sunnier days. A modern British menu packed full of comforting favourites has won the hearts of regulars, including Gin cured salmon, buttermilk pancakes, or our fantastic Slow cook dexter beef cheek, pancetta, mushrooms & horseradish mash. Save room for desserts our infamous chocolate brownie glory. Expect to finda beautifully selected drinks list, and exceptionall kept guest ales.
Reviewed 29 June 2018

All started well. We ordered a starter to share and a burger each for our main, along with a bottle of wine. Our starter was delivered and we were asked at this point if we'd like some time between our starter and main - we said yes please. Then the mains arrived before we'd even begun to eat our starters. We asked for these to be sent back and fresh ones made after we'd had our starters. The staff member told us they would send them back but no fresh burgers would be made - the longer we took to eat our starter, the drier our meal would become. The staff implied there was no point us trying to change this fact. And this was certainly the case. I had the buttermilk chicken burger - they forgot the bacon - when I told the staff about this, they returned with a tiny piece of bacon on a plate. It was easily the worst, most dry burger I've ever had. We quickly paid our bill and left for another venue to continue our evening.
We were really surprised about this and truly expected more of the venue. On a plus side the outdoor seating area is lovely. But we'd certainly never return for meal.

Kylie G, General Manager at The Vine, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Hi TN1720,

Thanks for taking the time to feedback to us, and I apologise your experience wasn't up to our usual standards.
I'd like to know a little bit more about your visit, like date and time, as I'll be speaking to the staff. This is not the way we want our customers to be treated and the attitude you've received is unacceptable, so please drop us an email on info@thevinenw5.co.uk.
Our buttermilk chicken burger usually gets very positive reviews - I will look into that.
Please accept our apologies that your visit did not meet with your expectations and we hope to have another opportunity to put things right.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Came with bunch of friends last friday and I’d highly recommend the vine - they had a dj and with all the drinks they serve it was a great party in the sunshine! I’ll be back soon!

2  Thank ElizaNical

Hi ElizaNical,

I'm happy to hear you had a lovely time.
We have a DJ every week now so make sure you'll come around soon to celebrate English summer!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

A great pub! Excellent food, good beer selection and friendly service. What more do you require from the pub.

1  Thank Dominik Z

Thank you Dominik Z for taking the time to write a review for The Vine.
Glad to hear you had a great time!

Please visit us again!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We had a party for our wedding at the vine. They made the process really easy and the staff we fantastic! They rented us out the whole place and we bought in our own decorations. The management made life easy with organising drinks and food. The whole thing was really superb!!!

1  Thank campbell258

It was a pleasure to host a wedding of such an amazing couple! We all enjoyed the evening and I'm really glad to hear you are happy with all the effort we put into making your special day a wonderful experience.
Thank you again and I hope we'll see you and your beautiful wife soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I was there to watch the Polish representation in World Cup!!! The atmosphere was amazing and the team behind the bar were so efficient and energetic. I highly recommend the place as I really enjoyed the time even if polish representation didn’t win... will go there for next match

2  Thank Kamil V

Thank you Kamil V for your kind words, we do work hard indeed to make your experience at The Vine as best as possible!
Hope to see you again soon!