All reviews super room moorgate tube station travel lodge bus stop right northern line tesco express coffee machine family room good size street noise minute walk reception desk convenient location early check easy access night stay comfy bed
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I arrived after midnight to check-in only to be told that there had been "a tap left running in a bedroom" that had meant a number of rooms were water damaged and my room was no longer available aka "we over book our hotels on the basis a % do not show and you are a victim of that...sir". Disgraceful practice highlighting the lack of integrity and customer care that clearly pervades the culture of this company. I was eventually shipped in a taxi, along with another victim to a spill over Travelodge in another part of London. The spill over Travelodge was full and they claimed they had no knowledge of us, who then palmed us onto another Travelodge and so on. I was eventually housed, feeling like an asylum seeker, at 3 in the morning in completely the wrong side of London.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Senor_Phorbez
TravelodgeUK, Niki from The Social Media Team at Travelodge London Central City Road, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

We are really sorry to hear of your experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies and we have passed your comments onto the hotel manager as this does not reflect Travelodge standards.

Could we kindly ask you to contact one of our Customer Services Advisors via our website help form with a copy of your review to look into this more thoroughly.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

The hotel was clean and comfortable with friendly staff. The location of this hotel means that it is quite during the evening so sleep isn't disturbed, plus it was easy to find once leaving the tube station.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I have stayed twice in the last month. I expected cheap & indifferent but I was wrong. Not only is the hotel clean, modern and comfortable, but it's also got a secret weapon - the staff! Everyone I encountered - the reception staff, the catering/waiting staff, the cleaners, the management, whoever - treated me like my comfort mattered to them. I can get a decent breakfast and a comfortable room pretty easily in London, but I will return to Travelodge (and especially this one) because they made my last two visits such a pleasure. Thanks!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you need it. They have plenty.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We have stayed in many Travelodges and this one is one of the better ones. Checking in was very easy and we were upgraded to Super rooms, which was very nice. As it is in the middle of the British summer the rooms would have been quite hot, but the staff had opened the windows and supplied a fan in the room too.

Everything worked in the room and there were no issues.

I have marked my review a 4 as there were small issues, a vending machine supplying drinks was broken and there is no free WiFi.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2018

My sister and I had booked a room for ourselves and our mother while she recovered from treatment at nearby Moorfields Eye Hospital. My sister and I had a family room which was very spacious, clean and ideal for sharing. Mother had a Super Room which she loved - particularly the low lighting which was easily adjusted and perfect for sore eyes. We all liked the beds and beautiful white cotton bedding. Lots of restaurants within walking distance for dinner. Breakfast was wonderful! Loads of choice and helpful staff. Overall a very positive experience, and all the staff members we met were really helpful and caring at what was a very stressful time. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family