“Waste of our time . ”

KidZania London Entrance Ticket Off Peak Flexi
Ranked #97 of 427 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At KidZania London children can explore more than 60 real-life activities. Spanning across 75,000 square feet, KidZania London is a child-size city located in Westfield, Shepherd’s Bush where the kids are in charge! Have your kids ever dreamt of becoming a pilot, a firefighter or the next award winning singer? Role-play has long been a favourite past-time of children through the generations. Watch the excitement on their faces as they try out more than 60 real life role-play activities in the bank, on stage or fighting crime on the streets as a police officer!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We turned up 30 minutes before our slot of 10.30 am thinking plenty of time to get in ,but after a 50 minutes queue to check in our 4 year old daughter was already restless.

Eventually we made it inside the kidzania area with no explanation how anything works or what to do. Considering this was our first and last visit very bad information.

We decided to then queue up for the shopping experience which took another 20 minutes . She was told to put 6 things in a trolley no more . She then got told to go to a checkout where the staff member scanned in 3 of the items and said you can leave now. I could have taken her to Tesco for that , for much better experience

Secondly we decided to do the smoothie experience after another 25 minute queue to get in , guess what a photographer comes in and starts taking another 4 minutes taking pictures . This place thinks about how much profit it can make at every opportunity. The smoothie experience lasted about 5 mins .

The age range say 4-14 but I really don't think they cater for 4 -5 years old that well and some of the staff expect them to be as confident and understand everything older children would with little patience shown for the younger children.

As the day went on more and more people came in and I'm sure it was busier then the shopping centre itself .There seems to be no limit of people allowed in. The queues get longer and longer . For
Instance the chocolate experience we gave up after 25 mins . Remember your waiting with young. Children they can't wait to long.

Any way after to trying to go on more experiences all the queues were to long we gave up and left and to be honest we're glad to get out of there .

Absolute waste of money for young children . And wish I never went .

4  Thank ELLSET
KidZaniaLondon1, Guest Relations Manager at KidZania London, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for your recent review of KidZania London.

I am so disappointed to understand that you were not happy with your visit. I would like to apologise that you were not offered any information upon entering. We place dedicated team members at our entrance to help with new visitors, or alternatively, if they are busy with other guests, we have a brand-new recently created information hub immediately at the entrance area. This area should help with introducing the unique environment of KidZania to new visitors.

I am disappointed to hear of your experience within our K-Market. The activity should allow the children to gain experience of working in a retail environment and scan and use the till themselves. I would like to understand why the activity was somewhat different. If you would be happy to, we would be keen to hear from you about this, if you are able to email us at SVC@kidzania.co.uk. If you could provide us with details (name, time, description etc if possible) of who ran this experience then we will be able to investigate further. We will also be able to discuss some of the other issues that you raised within your review.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best wishes,

Alyx,
Guest Relations, KidZania London

Write a ReviewReviews (1,150)
All reviews
in 18 reviews
"pilot"
in 102 reviews

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I decided to take my child to kidzania because my niece said how it was a great place for kids, as soon as I got their I was greeted by a lovely young lady who had a huge smile on her face by the name of Agnes she checked our tickets and gave us a short explanation on how it worked. She then sent us upstairs. once we got upstairs it was quite busy which meant we was lining up for a while. we then got checked and headed it to the city. My daughter couldnt believe her eyes she loved it, it was definitely worth the four hours.

1  Thank zena762018
KidZaniaLondon1, Guest Relations Manager at KidZania London, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you for your fantastic five-star review of KidZania London.

We are all delighted to receive your lovely words and to learn that your daughter had a great time. I am also pleased to understand that Agnes made such a positive impact on your day; I will ensure that she, along with her Management Team, are made aware of your feedback, as I'm sure they will be overjoyed to read your words.

Thank you again, and I hope we are able to welcome you and your daughter back into the city in future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Went to Kidzania London today with 3 adults and 5 children 7-9 years. Because some of the kids had not been before and it was a birthday treat the adults had to come inside the Kidzania venue.
Please explain to me WHY!! adults have to pay (I paid £11.00) for the privilege of looking after their children in Kidzania. NO service is offered for this money. Not even a 'free' coffee. There is nothing to do for adults. I didn't see any adult space. I found the place really dark with no natural light and depressing and couldn't wait to leave. I also found it strange that the kids get to 'make' chocolate but not eat it. Same with the smoothies.
Luckily the kids loved it and had a great time.
Overall I wouldn't rush back because it is quite expensive and boring for adults. Only would come back to drop off the kids for 4 hours and have some adult time AND avoid playing the adult fee.
Still, I prefer to take the kids to the woods and built huts!

1  Thank karinandcrew
KidZaniaLondon1, Guest Relations Manager at KidZania London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valuable feedback.

I am so pleased that your children had a great time! We would be delighted to welcome your kids back into KidZania London in the future; as long as they are 8 years of age or older, you are able to drop them off and spend your time in Westfield or nearby.

I would like to apologise that your experience however, wasn't a particularly positive one. Many adults do tend to enjoy going around with their kids and taking photos etc however, we do have a Grown Ups Garden Shed located on the Mezzanine Level in between the Innocent Smoothie and Eat Natural activities that you can relax in. I am sorry that you weren't able to find out adults-only area, however, all members of staff would be able to direct you towards it.

Upon reading your review, I have passed on feedback to the Management team regarding improving signage and signposting towards the grown-ups area, as well as looking at the Adult offering overall.

Thank you again for your review and the best of wishes.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Took my nephew and niece to KidZania yesterday and they said they want to live there! We were greeted by the hosts with big smiles and efficiency and were checked in as if we were boarding a plane. Adults and kids are given wristbands which are linked together so no one can leave separately. This gave us peace of mind as my 8 year old niece wanted to explore KidZania by herself.

The idea is that it's a city run by kids with all sorts of hands careers and experiences that they can immerse themselves in. Like educational role playing but lots of fun!
Most experiences that my nephew and niece chose lasted approximately 20 minutes and in the 4 hour time slot that we had they were able to experience 6 things each with a break for lunch in between.

There were so many exciting options to choose from. Between them my nephew and niece experienced being a firefighter, police officer, dentist, surgeon,apprentice chocolatier, A&E first responder, PDSA vet and a nurse in the Alderhey baby special care unit.They also really enjoyed the drumming workshop at the music academy and the climbing wall.These are just a few of the many wonderful experiences on offer. The longest they had to queue for was 20 minutes which was completely doable even for a very fidgety 6 year old!

When they arrived they were given an amount of Kidzo's. This is the 'currency' used in Kidzania. So for some of the activities they were paid a salary and for others they had to pay. It gave them an opportunity to experience dealing with money and controlling their own expenditure. A good lesson in being able to balance the books!

The layout of KidZania is very well thought out and it's easy for children to navigate their way around. There are plenty of benches for adults to sit down and relax while the kids explore and have fun.

The staff are enthusiastic,knowledgable and caring. I felt very happy to let the kids wander around independently knowing that there would be someone to help out if need be.

I would love to go back again and as I have 3 other nephews and nieces all desperate to go, I'm sure I will!

Thank you for such a brilliant five-star review!

I am over the moon to hear that you children would like to live at KidZania! Unfortunately although they are not able to move in, we do offer Annual Passes for keen and regular visitors, which sound as though it would be perfect for them.

I am so overjoyed to read your kind words; I will also ensure that the team are able to read your feedback.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you along with your children, nephews and nieces very soon.

Best wishes,

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

So we, a family with a 9 year old boy and 4 year old girl, went to Kidzania on a Saturday afternoon.

The Good :-

The place is really well themed. Looks like a proper little city. Kids loved exploring it.

Some of the activities are great. The Pilot activity in particular was ‘amazing’ in the words of my son.

On the whole, staff were friendly.

The Not So Good :-

We were given no info from the staff on what to do inside. We spent the first 20 mins getting our bearings and working out what was what. I think it would be more fair if your 4 hour slot commenced when you signed into your first activity. It’s not fair that we lost lots of time due to the establishment’s lack of information.

The queues. It was busy, there were queues. I’d expect this in a place like this, however, the queues were so long at times, it really put my kids off of doing lots of activities. There’s no entertainment in the queues and the kids just watch through the glass at the activity inside. It kind of ruins the excitement a bit as they know exactly what to expect when they get to do it.
Why let so many people in? Of course we all know why they do this. Just seems greedy to me.

Some of the activities could have been so much better. In the smoothie shop, why couldn’t the children actually make a smoothie together? The chocolate shop missed a trick too... stir some chocolate, stick it in the fridge. That’s it basically.

For activities such as the courier service and window cleaning, it seemed ridiculous that all 4 trolleys had to be back before anyone else was allowed in. Surely, a one trolley in, one trolley out system would reduce the waiting time somewhat? Wouldn’t it be possible to have more trolleys too? More kids could take part then.

The science lab could have been amazing, instead it was some bubble mixture and a few bubble wands. Disappointing.

The theatre was shut. It’s massive - seemed such a shame that such a large activity was shut. My kids were disappointed.

The beauty salon was shut, my daughter was very disappointed. I would have expected all activities to be open seeing as I paid full price.

All in all, I thought it was a great concept... the idea that you had to earn money in some activities to be able to spend in others.

However, the shop at the end in which the currency could be spent, was disappointing. The department store has closed and so now you go to an unthemed area outside the town to spend your money. The offerings were frankly a joke. They discredited the whole concept. Work all day and you could buy a snap bad that in real life would cost less than 5p. My 9 year old thought this was laughable! Without much imagination or investment, the offerings here could be so much better. A police notebook, a clipboard and pen, stuff that actually relates to the activities rather than absolute bargain basement toot!

Would I come again? Probably not. Kids had a good but not great day. There are better offerings in terms of days out for the price.

Thank you for your review of KidZania London.

I am delighted to learn that your kids loved exploring the city, that you found our staff to be friendly, and that the Pilot activity was "amazing"!

I am disappointed to hear that all of your experience did not meet the same standards however. You have included some really useful feedback for us within your review, that I have passed onto our Management Team. I believe that some of your ideas and comments will be able to improve the experience when actioned, so I would like to thank you for including these.

For example, lack of information at the entrance area, which is actually something we are currently busy working on, that will hopefully be ready very soon! As well as your feedback for the Smoothie, Chocolate, Window and Courier activities; this will be passed onto the Content team to review.

Regarding some activities being closed; we actually refresh and alter the activities that are on offer as much as we can, to ensure that the content is kept fresh and interesting, particularly for returning visitors. So, although our Beauty Salon wasn't open on the day of your visit, this meant that another exciting new role had opened up. This is something that we always aim to do so that each visit can be slightly different to the last.

I would also like to assure you that I will pass on your feedback regarding the department store, (which was never closed, just merely moved to a more convenient location as a result of customer feedback) and the offering within it, to our Retail Manager.

Thank you again for your helpful feedback, and although I am of course gutted to hear that you wont be returning, I am pleased that your children were able to enjoy the day.

Best of wishes,