“Disappointing course”

Photoion Photography School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Photoion Photography School offers photography Courses and Workshops for beginners, advanced, tailored, specialised, one to one, all levels available in Central London throughout the year. Photoion Photography School™ provides professional photography courses in London that gives you the knowledge and hands-on practical experience to learn how to take beautiful photographs. Whether you are new with digital photography, want to improve your skills or simply want to take better pictures on holiday, Photoion is the place to learn photography quickly and effectively. Come and join our London Courses now. Photoion Photography School™ also offers Evening Classes on request, tailored courses and training; please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Enthusiastic tutor but more interested in his own photography. Kept reminding the group what amazing shots he’d taken with his entry level dslr. Appeared to mock those with more expensive kit.
Concentrated on his younger pretty students.

2  Thank Jane S
"manual mode"
"learning how"
"great shots"

Reviewed 29 June 2018

This course was brilliant. Ion is a self taught professional photographer and is VERY highly skilled at his craft. There is nothing he enjoys more than teaching others. I learnt so much from this course and left the two days excited to get out and about with my camera.

We were sent a PowerPoint in advance but we discovered that is really a form of notes for you to refer to afterwards. We did cover everything in the PowerPoint but the order of that was largely dictated by our questions - it was a very dynamic way to teach. We had lots of questions and they were all answered with great enthusiasm.

It’s fast paced and I felt tired at the end of each day, but I liked that - all of it was relevant and interesting and I felt challenged. It was money well spent and I am positive it will improve my photography.

The course took place in Ion’s studio. A very calming space with everything you need to be comfortable and enjoy the day. If you have reached a plateau in your photography and want to be challenged. This is a great course.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I absolutely love Photoion! I've done the Advanced Class, Macro, Photoshop, Portrait and Speedlight classes and I'm planning to try as many others as possible. Ion is very energetic and passionate while he is teaching which makes it nearly impossible to not feel inspired during and after the courses. I think Ion makes photography very accessible and easy to understand, not confusing you with the nitty gritty technical aspects but instead focuses on the main important things you need to take great photographs. I also love his way of teaching in which you have to figure out the answers yourself: he provides you with the knowledge and the explanations and then for the rest of the classes, and even afterwards, he lets you explore and practice until you can fully grasp a meaning on your own - personally I feel like this makes things stick in your head more. I'm always speaking about how great these classes are and was speaking about it so much that my friend also signed up and joined the fun! And the fact that you are then part of this photography community where people support each other and Ion is always on hand to give you feedback and see you progress is a complete bonus! So many people have told me that I take amazing photos now, and I've credit it all to Ion. If you want to learn photography go anywhere. If you want to be inspired and learn how to "paint with light" 100% sign up to a Photoion class now! :)

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Thank you Ion for advise me and teach me since I started with you! You gave me confidence in doing my hobby ! I already did some photoshoot sessions with friends. They really appreciate my work and that s only because I meet you. How to use a camera, to see a composition and be inspired to do that everyday, I find here.

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 June 2018

I started my long term journey and photography course with Ion in January this year. I have already finished my modules and I have to say I cannot be grateful enough to Ion and Tatiana. They changed my mindset and I see our world differently. They opened my eyes to see the beauty around us. They are amazing people with huge passion about their students and their school. This school is not about numbers, this is about students and they really do care. No matter what course you have enrolled, after completion, you are not alone anymore. You become the part of the family with constant support. Giving constant feedback of your work helping you to push yourself harder and progress every day. It is a very hard job, however, if you passionate enough, you will be able to achieve your goals. Taking photos is wonderful and this is what makes me happy every day. I will attach some examples what I have achieved during my long journey. I highly recommend them even you are an amateur or pro. Check their offers and website and take actions :-)