6 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$238
Expedia.comUS$238
PricelineUS$238
3,015 results
All reviews the executive lounge borough market southwark station tate modern millennium bridge south bank lounge access globe theatre jubilee line turn down service excellent hotel minute walk modern hotel fantastic stay an upgrade afternoon tea london eye
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2021

Room space, cleanliness and peace and quiet was excellent. Service was very good. A couple of minor issues while we were there but these were resolved on the same day. Rooms were a bit dark and made it hard for getting ready and breakfast with quite pricey, given there are good local options available. But overall would certainly recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Kim Mouflier, Other at Hilton London Bankside, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2021

Dear sarahsU1402YH,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Hilton London Bankside.

We do sincerely appreciate your feedback and I am pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

Furthermore, I am delighted to read that the minor issues you encountered during your stay were resolved and thank you very much for recommending us.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2021

Very welcoming and helpful staff. Immaculately clean. Breakfast superb. Great location only a few minutes walk from the tube. Only slight negative was the chlorine in the pool when the hot tub bubbles were turned on. We stayed in an interconnecting room which was perfect with children. We would absolutely stay again.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear mrscarolinec,

I am pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do appreciate your feedback and I will ensure that our maintenance team will check the chlorine level in the pool, thank you for highlighting this.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2021

Due to the lockdown we needed to come somewhere that had a pool, and connecting rooms. Everything in London is expensive in summer holidays, but knowing how much it would have cost to go abroad with the uncertainty of quarantine etc, this was fantastic value. We travelled as a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children)

Before I booked, I spoke to one of the mangers Stefania.
She was absolutely brilliant - reassured me about getting connecting rooms, and I was in regular communication with her about booking the pool which was a constant source of worry for us - you dont pay a premium to stay in a place with a pool in London not to use it, and my kids were expecting it from the break. She was kind, reassuring and supported us throughout.

Then we got there. Usually we stay be Edgeware road, so this was a bit more of a trek for us, but I had pre-booked car parking at the National Theatre (was very very well priced through one of the third party booking sites, and allowed multiple entry/exit), and they have a little bay in which you can leave your car til you get up into you room.

A porter kindly took our luggage whilst we went in, and my kids were very excited. This was made even happier when they got their welcome pack of sweeties !
The entranceway had lots of beautiful flowers, had a beautiful aroma, and lots of seating and interesting things for the kids to look at. We were able to book our swimming for that day and the next as we checked in.

The rooms:
We had 215/216 - these had a single door in front of them, and we were able to keep the room doors open.
One room was much bigger, had 2 big beds in it, a sofabed, a TV, a fully stocked (and regularly restocked) minifridge which was very useful for us.
The other room was smaller, having a king bed for the adults, again with a stocked minifridge. They even happily changed what was in the fridge and gave us loads of water as we needed.
Ice was readily available and they were never slow in getting it up to us, nor did they once ask us to collect it ourselves.
The beds were brilliant - nice and soft, gave us all wonderful nights' sleeps. We were able to put the two beds together so my kids could enjoy it all like one big bed.

Bathrooms: the bigger room had a bath and the kids enjoyed this getting filled also. The smaller room had a HUGE walk-in shower which was brilliant and made getting the kids easily washed so much easier.

The pool: wonderful. a nice size, a small jacuzzi section, deep enough to be comfortable and let my 11yo swim on her own. They had little gowns for the kids and slippers which they loved getting into. The changing facilities were closed due to COVID, but it was easy enough to get to/from the pool. We swam 6 nights out of the seven we were there. There was a nice-looking gym there too, if I was so inclined and hardly anyone used it, so if you are a gym-goer you would like it too.

Breakfast: The breakfast area has lots of heads of animals on the walls including a unicorn, a giraffe, zebra, toad, alligator, and bear - they are wonderful and my kids absolutely loved them!

The first day we were there, everything was perfect other then the fact I didnt notice the omlette guy changing pans between the ham one and the vegetarian one that I had ordered. I didnt feel comfortable to say anything that day, but a quick email to Stefania meant this was remedied the remainder of the stay. The regular omlette guy came on in a few days time (Ali) and he was fantastic. We had a reserved table every morning - the best table in the whole place, with enough room and away from others when my kids occasionally like to throw a little tantrum. The food: wow!
-daily we had fresh omlettes, waffles, and pancakes.
-the mountains of smoked salmon were delightful.
-the freshly baked muffins were just so delectable - i gained so much weight due to this!
-there was a little box of lollipops that my kids really really enjoyed also.

Special mention must also be made of the hostesses - Corrina and Lina - they knew who we were, were always polite and happy in the way they greeted us - I am certain they had huge smiles on under their masks because you could tell from their voices. Really really special staff they have here.

Also special mention to the concierge team who helped to organise taxi's for us whenever we needed them, and again served us with a smile.

I cannot wait to be back - its not something that we can do on a regular basis as it is expensive, but having 5 of you always means two rooms, and I cant think of any better then these.

Room tip: Excellent connecting rooms.

Dear 979qasimb,

We are truly heartened to receive your very detailed and glowing review! Thank you very much for taking the time to document your experience here at Hilton London Bankside.

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of quality service delivery we are renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Thank you for recognizing our colleagues who impressed you by their attention and professionalism especially Stefania, Corina & Lina. It is always with pride that I am able to personally recognise them for their efforts to exceed our guests expectations and provide a truly personalized service on all occasions.

We would love to have you return for another stay and I am sure your experience will be just as amazing as this time.

Reviewed 3 September 2021 via mobile

Stayed for one night as part of a day out in London. The hotel and staff are excellent. We had messed up the booking (my fault) and they couldn’t have been more helpful in sorting it out. The room was lovely, spacious and faultlessly clean and dinner in the restaurant was good. Breakfast superb - definitely book again.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Corrie L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us at the Hilton London Bankside.

You are amongst our most valued guests and we do sincerely appreciate your feedback.

I am delighted to read that my colleagues were able to assist you with your booking. Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you in the future.

We look forward to having you back here in Hilton London Bankside.

Reviewed 2 September 2021

This hotel is superb and is in an excellent location. We had a family room which was very comfortable and gave us a little extra space. Little touches were left in the room for the kids which was a real nice touch. All the staff were very helpful throughout our stay. Breakfast choice was huge and catered for all family members. I will definitely be staying here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Andy D,

We do sincerely appreciate your feedback as it is comments like these that enable us to motivate our team to achieve greater heights.

I am absolutely delighted to read such positive comments about your stay and I will certainly pass it on to the entire team.

We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back again in the not-too-distant future.