“Mr Andrew Wilson”

Macellaio RC Exmouth Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Macellaio RC Exmouth Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #640 of 24,683 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Clerkenwell
Neighbourhood: Clerkenwell
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I attended this restaurant prior to a performance at Sadler's Wells Theatre on June 28th 2018.
The food was exquisite. I had fillet steak to die for and it was cooked and presented with the greatest of love and care.
The waiters and waitresses were attentive and caring and had our best interest at heart.
I highly recommend this restaurant for food, ambiance, care and passion.
Antonio , our waiter deserves a medal!!!

Much appreciated and thank you. x

NinaMerbouti, Events Manager at Macellaio RC Exmouth Market, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear 664andrewwilson,

Thank you so much for your concise and delightful comments. I am very pleased you enjoyed your dining experience at Macellaio RC Exmouth Market. We are fortunate enough to have a fantastic and enthusiastic team including Antonio. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to him and the entire team.
If there is anything I can do for you in the future or arrange any special experience for you and your guests, please do not hesitate to contact me on events@macellaiorc.com

Sincere thanks again, both my team and I look forward to having you back with us soon

Kind Regards,
Nina Merbouti
Events & Guests relations Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I love this place! A very nice restaurant in exmouth Market. Warm welcome from members of staff, friendly and knowledge about different type of meat, you can feel the Italian passion when they talk about food. Valeria and the team treat us really well. Milanese is huge. The chef was amazing. We gonna never stop coming here. Loved it.

NinaMerbouti, Events Manager at Macellaio RC Exmouth Market, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Domenico Q.,

Thank you very much indeed for your concise and fantastic comments and ones which I will be sure to pass on to all the team. They will be entirely pleased to hear such a wonderful feedback. I hope we will welcome you back again in the near future

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We booked a group of us into Macellaio with a belief that it was our type of place and we were not wrong. Our type of place serves excellent ingredients which have not been unduly fussed about with. I cannot describe how happy we were with the result.
We chose to have one piece of meat cooked for all five of us and there was nothing left at the end of it.
This is not a place for vegetarians, the meat is the star and they do it proud. Tell them what you like and let them choose and prepare it you will not be disappointed.

NinaMerbouti, Events Manager at Macellaio RC Exmouth Market, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Chris S.,

On behalf of our team here at Macellaio RC Exmouth Market, I would like to thank you for your very enthusiastic feedback following your recent dining experience with us.
I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your evening, especially the quality of our original and authentic Italian food.
We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again the near future here at Macellaio RC

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We came at 8:30pm on the Monday of the last May bank holiday. They welcomed us warmly served us quickly. They sugggested different tuna-based dishes which came accompanied by fennel, oranges and beans. They also recomented a delicious merlot. All accompanied by smile and fun chats. He dinner finished with basil-based panna cotta recommended by a fantastic Claudia!

NinaMerbouti, Events Manager at Macellaio RC Exmouth Market, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Pannior F.,

Such a wonderful comment. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your dining experience at Macellaio RC in Exmouth Market. The team here are delighted to hear your positive feedback and we are looking forward to having you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

The 5 stars are just for the quality of the meat, which is really superb. We had a bad service experience though. The thin little girl was constantly asking us if we were ready and once we were she didn’t even ask what we want, she just tell us to buy the two most expensive things on the menu. My girlfriend said she wants a fillet and she was like “no, better if you not, take the Fiorentina”. We were literally on the verge to stand up and leave. She was italian and we are italians so we know type of meat they are serving. Other bad thing they tried to bring the plates away before we finish. It was 8.30pm, restaurant was not full, no one was outside waiting, we explained we were not on a rush so we didn’t really like this rush in the service and being pushy in overselling before even ask what we want. It’s a shame because the quality of the food is amazing, portions are ridicolous for the prices, but the quality really worth it, the service not.

NinaMerbouti, Events Manager at Macellaio RC Exmouth Market, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Dear cixland,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback following your recent visit to Macellaio RC. Whilst I appreciate that you enjoyed the food during your visit, I was very sorry to read about your overall experience and the lapses in service that occurred. I would like to apologise on behalf of the entire team here and very much hope that there will be another opportunity for you to visit us again in the near future.

I would ask that you also please feel free to contact me directly on events@macellaiorc.com if you would like to discuss this matter further

Kind Regards,