“Best pizza outside Italy!”
Review of Volare

Volare
Ranked #537 of 24,429 Restaurants in London
Description: Founded in 2015 by two Spanish sisters inspired by the love and passion of their Neapoletan Great-grandfather who opened his own pizzeria in Argentina in the 1920s. This menu is a fusion of our heritage and knowledge of Spanish and Italian cuisines. You will find the perfect combination between traditional pastas, tapas & Neapoletan pizzas cooked fresh in a wood fired oven together with a number of specials to take you in a culinary tour of our beloved Spain & Italy.
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Went hear with a friend and am so glad we did. It was an absolute delight! Both food and service were outstanding! We will definitely be going back.

1  Thank Jilmil86

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Volare managed to get us two generous pizzas with an excellent melanzala as a starter on a crowded Saturday night with a massive birthday in quick time. I was impressed with the food and service. It has been a year and half since my last review and the quality of the food and service has only gone up. A welcome addition to Bounds Green and hopefully here to stay.

It was a Saturday night and we wanted to stay local so decided to go to Volare which we had not visited for about a year and a half. Should we book? well we thought against it and went ahead. When we got to Volare the whole place appeared to be enjoying one massive birthday party. Unfortunately they did not have a chair for me so had to get one from outside. I have a back problem so asked if I could have a more comfortable chair when some customers left. The waitress did not promise anything but within a few minutes once the first customers had left I had a comfortable chair. Well done, you did not make any false promises and managed to deliver.

The restaurant has not changed much since the last time I went apart from becoming very busy. It is very clean and feels very comfortable inside. You do not hear or notice the North Circular as you eat. Lots of people were in their own worlds enjoying discussions and catching up. The staff are very friendly and helpful and it was rewarding to talk with them.

The menu has a selection of Tapas, salads and Pizza with a small children's menu. The pasta dishes are not extensive and there are no meat mains at present like polo milanese but this is a wise choice by the owners as it would have unnecessarily complicated the menu.

We ordered a Melanzala as a starter which came with three slices of bread and a smaller than expected portion. I believed that one more layer of aubergine would have been good. However we were really amazed by the taste. The oil was rich and had the taste of fresh basil, aubergine and cheese infused into it so we dipped the warm bread and enjoyed each bite. Humans love oil... an evolutionary desire that is led by the famine and feast lives we lived as hunter gatherers and now being successfully met here.

The mains were two Pizzas. The siciliana which has a fresh tomato base with brie and mozzeralla, Italian sausage, fried aubergine, basil and olive oil. The brie was something new to me but I enjoyed the melted brie which added a wonderful texture to the pizza. The other pizza was a Capricciosa which also had generous toppings of cooked ham, chorizo, artichokes, mozzarella on a bed of tomato sauce infused with basil and olive oil. I found the dough easy to eat, fluffy and the wood fired oven was perfect at leaving a great taste to the pizza and the crust. I have eaten some excellent pizzas in London and abroad and this falls within the top 5.

To accompany the food we ordered some Gavi, an Italian white wine. This was light, slightly sweet and so easy to drink. Dessert was a light Tiramisu accompanies by a excellent americano with milk. We arrived at around 8 and left at 10.30 and had a very enjoyable time talking about how good the food was and other things. Considering we had so much the bill was very reasonable. I am very happy to find such an excellent Italian close by. We will be visiting again sooner but this time we will not risk it and will book a table when we do not order takeaway pizza.

1  Thank Cyrus P
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Let's start with the Pizza, it's amazing! It's not just good for London but it's as good as a South Italian Pizza!
At first when I read about this place running by Spanish I was perplexed because I could not think they could prepare a good pizza but when I tried I was speechless: Amazing, Tasty, So Good!
Also the service is excellent! The girls that run the place are funny, sunny, nice, friendly and also all the other people in the Pizzeria are so nice and they really care about the customers!
Now we come here almost every week because the food is perfect, the wine is good, the atmosphere is nice and the restaurant itself is cosy but beautiful.
My only regret is that I discovered this little jewel some months ago! I wish I could have found it when they opened!
Highly recommended!!!

3  Thank Σικανός Ἔ
Reviewed 9 July 2017

I couldn’t be grateful enough to Dave Critchley, owner of Warwick Motors who repairs my SAAB round the corner from Volare (and a supersmart mechanic and deeply nice man who merits a fulsome review of his own) for recommending me this place. Living almost an hour away, without Dave’s advice I'd never have thought of dropping in for a bite, and what a find I’d have missed!

Volare is the kind of eatery - no frills, just mouth-watering aromas, a sweet welcome and a buzz - that makes me feel good almost as soon as I enter, and then gets only better. It clearly must be doing something like that for locals: the lunchtime I was there they had a children’s birthday party with, if I counted right, thirteen kids and their parents, all having a whale of a time. I could only be squeezed in at a table at the back under the stairs. There was no view, but the food made up for it, so a piece of luck.

Owned by Sila and Virginia, two lovely young women born in Spain into an originally Italian-Argentinian family, and by Virginia’s boyfriend Davide, the chef, born in Treviso but brought up in Sicily (which certainly shows in his cook’s touch) Volare has a menu that reflects their origins in pizzas, pastas, tapas dishes and salads. After sitting down and being given the list, printed and obviously permanent, I was brought a bowl of large Castelvetrano olives, which are my favourite, and when the pizza Napoletana I'd ordered arrived, I was amazed to find myself facing, for £8.25, a 15” inch pie, with two cheeses, black olives, anchovies, capers, oregano and the rest of the ingredients most generously applied and, with a thin terrific crust, among the tastiest I’d had for quite some time. It was a good deal more than I’d thought I wanted to eat, but I couldn’t stop myself until I polished off the lot!

I then asked to see Davide to shake hands and to thank him for his great cooking. Seeing how much I’d taken to the place, Virginia invited me to come back next day to join the party with music and food they were going to have to mark Volare’s second anniversary. I was really sorry to have to plead distance. But any time I need to take the car back to Warwick Motors, I’ll also be back to try another pizza, or some pasta, at Volare!

1  Thank tripperpal
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Beautiful Food, and service, 5 minutes walk from Bounds Green Tube Stn. Service, with natural smiles and a heartfelt willingness to serve. Welcomed questions on the vast menu 'Wow'. The flavours from my original Pizza was just sublime. These people know how to treat guests like they were in their own family home. Went with 5 friends for a birthday wanted something new to me. Recommended by a friend. This restaurant is visually inviting.The Staff were second to none, an absolute pleasure being there as they were welcoming throughout. Fantastic food, service and atmosphere, but the surprise is the cost! Utterly amazingly affordable prices.

It was clear to me that like a rubber ball, I will be bouncing back there, again and again. On attending you realise very quickly the pleasure is all yours. A fantastic evening. Thank you so much

2  Thank Thierry L