“Wonderful place.”
Review of Pritchard + Ure

Pritchard + Ure
Ranked #13,569 of 24,683 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Description: Pritchard and Ure is the cafe brand for recent,award winning social enterprise Camden Garden Centre. We are currently running a vegetarian menu which has been very popular. We support suppliers who focus on ethics and sustainability. We are listed in London's Best Coffee
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of my favourite places to come in London. Incredible coffee, consistently tasty food (exclusively vegetarian!) and a beautiful, light-filled space. A real gem in central London, and much better than many of the more popular/famous places.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've been coming to Pritchard+Ure for some months now and have tried pretty much everything on the menu.

It is a short list but everything is very solid, and all ingredients are top-notch. The eggs are delicious, and seasoned very well. The cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and chard are very flavourful, definitely a notch above the usual. The olive oil is wonderfully fragrant as well. Cakes vary on the day to day, but I have usually opted for a fruit flavour which has never let me down.

It was my first time trying oat-milk coffee here and was not disappointed. Not my usual choice, however. The beans are from Workshop and prepared at least as well as their cafe in Oxford Circus. The chai latte is from Prana Chai, a little sweeter and less spicy than I usually like it but very good if you like that style. There are several types of hot chocolate available, all very rich and delicious (though I usually opt for coffee).

The cafe space is probably my favourite in all London. There is a small speaker playing gentle jazz; plants and posters from the garden centre decorate the tables and walls, and give it a great deal of coolness in the summer. The garden centre is down the stairs, while not part of the cafe proper it's very pleasant to interrupt your meal or coffee with a walk through the impressive outdoor stock.

At the price the value is excellent too!

1  Thank Kwang Ik W
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Above a garden centre in the middle of a city - what a gem!
Workshop coffee is sublime.
The egg dishes were delicious.
I could work and relax there any day.

pritchardandure, Manager at Pritchard + Ure, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience, we are thoroughly pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope we get a chance to impress you again!

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Wanted to have breakfast at Prichard and Ure before shopping for plants at Camden Garden Centre. When we got there we were given a different menu to the one on their website. The biggest difference was that the menu was now exclusively vegetarian. The staff apologised for the mistake and said they were not responsible for the online site. Since I do like a bit of beacon with my breakfast we decided to eat elsewhere. I would have left it at this but checked back to their website today and found that they STILL have the old menu on their website which I find is really poor!

I'm sorry but we are a small part of a larger charitable organisation and much to our own frustrations have asked for the menu to be removed from the website as it is now fully vegetarian and also changes, alas this was beyond our control.sorry for the inconvenience.

Elaine

Reviewed 20 April 2017

I was 40 mins early for a meeting so thought I'd try this cafe for a coffee to pass the time.
Having not been here before I asked the barista if they served take away mocha with skimmed milk, he was very polite as he explained they don't have skimmed and recommended I try oat milk and he would make my drink as soon as he had served the previous two customers , I must say it was a delicious drink . The rude staff was the guy in the kitchen who loudly told the barista I would have to wait my turn like everyone else, I told him I had been told this, he walked off with a huff, then a lady appeared who also spoke to the barista saying the same thing. Once the kitchen guy had cut a slice of cake and eaten a bit of topping that fell on the serving counter he took the knife back into the kitchen (where he obviously didn't know I could see him) ran his finger and thumb along the knife blade and ate the icing off the knife, he then rinsed it with no soap under the tap and put it down on the side.
Before I left after waiting 20 mins for my drink I felt I had to apologise to the barista for causing him so much trouble simply asking him a question.
The two other staff made me feel so uncomfortable I will not be going in there again.

I'm sorry you overheard a conversation between barista and other staff members it was by no means intended for you as it had been an in-house issue where dining in customers had previously been left waiting whilst take aways had been given priority..I apologise for any uncomfort caused and im sure if you did come back we'd like to make ammends for this. the knife would have been left on the side as it would then be entered into the dishwasher as we rinse all plates utensils etc first.

Elaine