“Fantastic ”

Grosvenor Fish Bar
Ranked #10 of 889 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Grosvenor Fish Bar is a long established traditional fish and chip shop, with a twist. Serving the usual chip shop fare, plus an interesting selection of our own sandwiches and wraps including sea bass, mackerel, tuna and rock salmon. We have seating downstairs for up to 50 - eat in / take away same price. Also we have a set menu for party bookings please enquire by email thank you. Opening hours mon-sat 11 am - 7.30 Ish (later for private parties)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I stumbled upon this place walking around the cobbled streets of Norwich I had the battered mackerel in a baguette it was one of the nicest fish dishes I’ve ever had

Write a ReviewReviews (1,938)

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Best chip shop in Norwich for sure, probably the country. Staff are amazing too, and the owner Duane is lovely!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

This surely must be the best in town. Just what I was looking for, found in a lovely area of the city, too. Eat in or take it just outside.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I have been wanting to try this restaurant out for a long while, hoping it will reconcile me with the traditional fish and chips. I was disappointed. It seems that fish and chips is all about the quality of the batter, not the fish. In this case, yes, the batter was nice and crisp but the cod was steamed and tasteless inside the batter. You do need lots of vinegar, sauces, or whatever is there to perk up the taste. As for the chips, the Chinese fish and chip shop near my grandson's school is WAY tastier. These chips were tasteless. I have read a few reviews and I really don't know what the hype is about. The décor of the underground seating area is impressive though, if you're not claustrophobic. Will not be going back nor taking any of my visitors there. There are tastier restaurants in Norwich especially within the vicinity of the Grosvenor.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Went with my boyfriend and got lovely fish and chips for a good price. The place is rustic and cosy but if you feel claustrophobic easily then the underground area is not for you. The only downside I would say, was the noise, which was a bit loud.