“Could do better”

Ranked #98 of 792 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$10 - US$67
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the centre of Norwich, the stylish steakhouse is perfect for dining or relaxing anytime in the day. All of our meat is delivered fresh everyday from our very own butchery in Middleton, Norfolk, ensuring a delightfully fresh meal each and every time you visit. Our fixed price menu is perfect for a working lunch, a break from shopping or an early dinner, unrivalled at £10.95 for three courses, available Monday to Friday 12-6pm and Saturday 12-5pm. And why not check out our delicious Sunday Roast too?
Reviewed 14 August 2021

A wait to even get seen to be shown to our table. Some dishes have better value for money than others. The automatic 10% service charge is fine with me but some members of the table weren't happy with that addition. Service when at the table was good but I don't think the overall experience was anything special and don't think I'd return again sadly.

2  Thank GingerCanary
Write a reviewReviews (2,522)

Reviewed 13 August 2021

It was busy and we waited a long while and had to ask to order drinks. The food when it arrived was dumped on the table (not by our waiter)and we were not asked if we wanted any condiments. Two of the steaks were not cooked to order. We had to find someone to serve the condiments by which time we has half eaten our meals.
We were not checked on. Our waiter was very nice but maybe they don't have enough staff to deliver the service you would expect. The food that was cooked to order was good. We mentioned the problem with the steaks when they cleared as one steak had been left on the side of the plate.
When you go for a meal you do not expect to have to return food and this really upsets the flow of the evening ,having to eat separately.
Our bill was reduced by 20% and the service charge removed !
I don't enjoy complaining and we all just wanted a good meal .
Service and communication with the kitchen need to improve .

Reviewed 9 August 2021

We visited here for lunch, and my son ordered steak and asked for it well done - But it came very pink - not well done! My fish was also oily - So i was not impressed by the food in general. However my main gripe is the now automatic 10% service charge they add to your bill - I take offence to it being added automatically - I didn’t say anything, and just paid it. However, I feel that if I receive good service, it’s my choice to tip - not the restaurant’s. I won’t return while they continue to do this.

Date of visit: August 2021
Claire R, Owner at Middletons Steakhouse & Grill Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2021

Hello, we're sorry to hear about this and would like to get in touch about it. Please email your contact details to claire@middletons-shg.co.uk referencing 'TA NOR'. Thank you.

Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

Always have loved Middletons in Norwich and is always good value however I have been twice since reopened and it’s not as good as it was. Also be aware a 10% service charge goes on every bill. We asked for it to be removed and the server had to go get management. We then tipped what we wanted. Maybe Middletons done it to get some money back.

Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

I am never one to complain but I was so disappointed with the service and the food at Middleton’s last night. It took us 25 minutes to order a drink to start with. Myself and my partner decided to order the 36oz rib eye to share. We could barely see the steak through the fat. It also came with two sides which were not even big enough to feed a fly. When we questioned this with the supervisor she said she needed to check with the chef. No apologies at this point. Overall I will not be visiting Middleton’s again! Thank god for good company!!