This hotel is in a great location to visit Norwich City Centre. The hotel itself is a new build without aircon. You wouldn't think it wouldn't be a big issue in the UK but modern building materials are all about insulation. We were initially on the 4th floor and supplied two fans. The room was at least 10 to 12 degrees c above the outside temperature. If you can sleep in 30+ night temp with two fans running then the upper rooms will suit you. After getting no sleep the first night we moved to the ground floor. It was noticeably cooler. I sleep on my side and for me the Hypnos bed was terrible. The pillows supplied had no plump to them and the firmness of the bed left me with pins and needles down one side. To top it all the night staff kept dropping the reception desk counter top each time they did there rounds. This provided a less than welcome regular night time bang.
During our stay we noticed the hotel was home to some people waiting for housing to become available. They were very fond of lingering out the front of the hotel and drinking. It didn't make for a nice welcoming party after an evening out.
Most of the hotel staff were excellent in their customer service. The rooms were clean and modern. All I really want from a hotel is a good nights sleep and judging by the bed this is never going to happen for me at a Premier Inn so I will not book one again. Premier Inn did however live up to the Sleep guarantee they offer and I was provided a refund for the bad nights we experienced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the heart of historic Norwich with Premier Inn Hotel Norwich City Centre (Duke Street). Whether you're looking for arts and culture, shopping and shows, or are here for work, you'll find us a great place to start. Marvel at the cloisters of Norwich Cathedral, or uncover the city's history at the Castle Museum. Treat all your senses with a wander around Norwich's traditional market. Catch some drama or comedy at the Theatre Royal. Then unwind in our tasty restaurant and relax in your extra-comfy bed.Chargeable off-site at St Andrews multi-storey car park which is a short distance from the hotel at a discounted rate of £4 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn and TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Norwich City Centre (Duke Street) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Norwich City Centre (Duke Street) Hotel Norwich
- Norwich Premier Inn
- Premier Inn Norwich City Centre (Duke Street) Hotel Norfolk