Although this is a big chain, this particular hotel overlooking the football ground, (more like inside it!) was excellent from start to finish. I booked through laterooms.com for a saturday night at under £50, and was given a marvellous room which was basically overlooking the carrow Rd pitch..Would have been a fantastic view if there was a match on. However I was told by reception that on match days that room would be £250..for the free view!!..
Great comfortable king size bed, large tv with ample tea, coffe & bottled water supplied, and guest dressing gown. Nice spacious bathroom. Front reception very friendly and helpful, and nice compact bar downstairs, free newspapers.
I did not eat in the hotel. Prices were typical hotel "above the bar",All in all a very pleasant stay especially at that price. Will definitely go back, but probably not on match day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary, stylish, award winning hotel (Hotel of the Year 2011) is the perfect property for business and leisure guests visiting historic Norwich. Holiday Inn Norwich City is the newest full service property in the city and has 150 air conditioned, light, modern bedrooms all of which are non smoking. Many of the rooms offer a pitch view of Norwich City's premier league ground and with a mix of executive, suites, standard, twin and accessible rooms we can offer something for everybody. The hotels atmospheric bar is a meeting place for everybody and serves a superb selection of wines, beers, bar snacks or full meals from our dine anywhere menu, or dine in style in our superb restaurant, the choice is always yours. Thinking of exploring? The hotel is in walking distance of Norwich's two cathedrals, its stunning Castle dating back to the Norman Conquest and the superb Norwich Lanes for individual bespoke shops. Alternatively head for the Chapelfield Shopping Centre with over 90 well known outlets making it a shopping paradise and placing Norwich in the top 10 of UK shopping destinations. With only a 5 minute walk to Norwich station leave the car at the hotel and let the train take the strain and visit the beautiful North Norfolk coast, the delightful Norfolk Broads or the seaside resort of Great Yarmouth what could be easier? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Norwich City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Norwich City Hotel Norwich
- Norwich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Norwich City Norfolk