Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews cinder track robin hood's bay perfect location heidi canters
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2020

A lovely cottage that is perfectly located for a short walk in to the main area of Robin Hood's Bay, beach, coastal path, cinder track and other walks. Peace and tranquillity surrounded by the resident animals. Superb views from all windows. The cottage is kitted out with everything you will need for your stay, it is traditional and cosy with the log burning stove been a lovely feature. Parking outside the cottage. Somewhere I would highly recommend and return to.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2020 via mobile

We had an amazing morning ride. Very lucky with the beautiful weather, though would have been great fun anytime . Heidi led the ride and was really nice and chatty. We had loads of activity in common. We made brisk progress to maximise time down onto the beach. Several canters around the sand, just checking dogs weren’t lose nearby. Great circular route back up to the farm.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2019

A lovely Ride on the beach at Robin Hoods Bay . Fantastic views - impeccably behaved horses and a lovely ride back through the town . Heidi was a pleasure to ride with . Great experience.would definitely recommend and return.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2019

Two one hour hacks booked in advance via email, prompt replies and updates re possible weather problems (predicted thunder storms). Fortunately they did not materialise!
Flexible, and made every effort to cater for my daughter’s wishes. Please bear in mind that you will have to be flexible around tide times, etc.
Horse- well cared for, fit, excellent temperament.
Route- a mix of minor roads and disused Railway. A second visit included the beach at Robin Hood’s Bay, with a ride back through the village.
Heidi gave clear instructions before the ride, which were reiterated during it. Polite but firm; what I expect if someone is taking my daughter riding. If you can’t take discipline, you shouldn’t be anywhere near a horse!
The pace was a mix of walk and trot. Enjoyable for a fit, active teenager, who rides regularly. Proper awareness shown of potential hazards, etc.
I was most impressed by Heidi’s care and professionalism.
Plenty of chat during the ride, and banter with me. Lots of photos taken too, and sent to me afterwards (thank you!). My daughter had an excellent time- absolutely beaming when she returned from both rides. I was able to watch them ride on the beach, which was special for me as a parent.

We got on really well with Heidi, but please do bear in mind that she’s a Yorkshire country girl, so if you have snowflake tendencies, or your perception of rural life is drawn from watching Countryfile, then you might be best staying in your cotton wool padded safe space!

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank EGW34A
Reviewed 12 August 2019 via mobile

Super ride for me, my 11 year old niece and her friend. Heidi was really helpful. The horses were really well behaved and well kept.

We rode on the quiet country lanes all the way down to the beach and then had a trot through the waves. We rode back up through Robin Hood’s Bay village and along the cinder track. No opportunity to canter as there were too many people on the beach because the weather was great. Apparently it’s better at 8 in the morning if the tide is right.

Will definitely return next year and hope that the tides are with us. Thanks Heidi.

Date of stay: August 2019