“Excellent steakhouse ”

Cuisines: Argentinian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Visited York for the w/end and booked here for Friday night. Good food good service best to book in advance as it gets busy. Highly recommended

Reviewed 20 November 2016

Came across this restaurant by accident and so glad we did. We were squeezed in on the proviso we left before the already-booked table was needed.
Starters were ample and excellent. Mains were equally good and served with a smile. If there was to be a moan it would be that we maybe ordered the wrong dish as there was too much meat. Never thought I would ever write that.
All in all an excellent treat and we will be back next time we're in York. This time we'll pre-book.

1  Thank Fred_Simons
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Visited based on TripAdvisor reviews and was a little disappointed. Restaurant is small (approx 10tables) and like in somebody's living room. My steak was overcooked (wife's was ok) but service was excellent and friendly. I think I'd go back if I were local.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

This meal finished with a crescendo. My companion and I both found the Panqueque con Helado (Argentine Pancake with dulce de leche and ice cream) to be a most outstanding dessert, up there amongst the best ever. He had declared his sirloin steak to have reached similar dizzying heights. I had found my rib-eye a little less dazzling, medium when medium rare was requested, excellent in taste but somewhat more ordinary when it came to the underlying meat. When the finest slab of a rib has clearly not been sourced in the first place, so the end result is not going unleash any delight. Nevertheless, this was the one blot on an otherwise faultless page, a most enjoyable evening in a place of good atmosphere and pleasing service.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Food was lovely, atmosphere loud but fun. Unfortunately one course was slightly over cooked which was rectified with a whole new plate immediately after we'd highlighted it. Staff and owners were really attentive!

Thank you for a memorable birthday meal!