Lowest prices for your stay
US$113
View deal
Hotels.com
US$113
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Marriott HotelsUS$113
Agoda.comUS$113
Expedia.comUS$113
2,525 results
All reviews race course grandstand room balcony overlooking leisure facilities city centre steam room and sauna reception staff lovely hotel family room free parking breakfast was excellent weekend break tea and coffee biscuits racecourse bandstand races
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

We spent a couple of nights here as the second part of our staycation and couldn't fault it.
The facilities are of a good standard as was our room. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The hotel is beside the racecourse so a little bit out of town but on the advice of one of the reception staff we got a all day ticket for the bus as there is a stop just beside the hotel and has a regular service that takes you in to the city centre.
The outside bar area has a nice view of the racecourse.
We only had breakfast and we enjoyed it, as it had plenty of choice and everything we had was lovely.

Room tip: We downloaded the First Bus app so we could get the best bus for us. The hotel is on route 4 and 12.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graemed2904
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Well I books a deluxe king room. When we arrived I received a very old fashioned room with two double beds in it (40)
First bed I tried had springs sticking into my back. Room doesn't look like it's been decorated or updated in 20 years. For £165 room only per night, which I'd supposedly deluxe I'd expect a lot more

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt C
Reviewed 12 August 2021 via mobile

Stayed in a suite - room very spacious with a separate lounge area but this place is in need of an upgrade. The decor is very outdated, the air conditioning doesn’t work and my bathroom smelt of sweat. I was also a little concerned that it wasn’t properly clean. There were finger marks all over the mirrored wardrobes when I arrived which suggests that housekeeping are not necessarily on top of their game. The hotel isn’t situated in the centre of York but is a 25 minute walk or short bus journey away from town. There are bus stops both ways right outside the door - superior to driving the car into town as that road can get very clogged up ( the buses can use a separate bus lane and drive straight through). Breakfast was good and the leisure facilities were decent. There is also free parking which was appreciated.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank fluffypolite
Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

Can’t fault the hotel. Decor is a bit outdated but room was large and clean. Smart TV’s, so great for keeping younger ones entertained in the room. Grounds are lovely and kept really well. Bar decent with a decent drinks selection. Buffet breakfast was ok, a few of the hot items good of been hotter. Pool was a good size and kids enjoyed it. Double beds massive and comfy but pillows are not great. 2nd visit to this hotel and would come back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank marct957
Reviewed 10 August 2021

After reading some of the reviews, I approached our stay with some trepidation, I needn't have worried. The Staff were helpful and polite, what a selection for Breakfast!Evening Meals were also excellent. Our room 004 was spacious, clean and had a 55 in TV.All in all we had a lovely two night stay.

Room tip: Plump for a room overlooking the Race Course
1  Thank Edward C