“Grimey”
Review of Water World - CLOSED

Water World
More attraction details
Owner description: This attraction is a fun-day out for the entire family, which offers a small pool just for swimming and a larger pool with a wave machine and lazy river.
Reviewed 1 November 2014

My partner, myself & our 4yr old were on holiday in york & had been looking forward to going here. Had I read the reviews first we would not have gone!
The water was anything but clear & had so many bits floating from the disintergrating floats that were being used. U begged my daughter to try not to swallow any water. I would have got out but it would have broke her heart. She enjoyed the lazy river best but I believe you should not be aloud floats round there as twice a man & then a young girl crashed into my daughter. The man hit her with such force he actually put her under the water, I was not happy to say the least. The pools are no where near as big as website makes out, slides were shut & the toddler pool was closed withon the first half hr of us being there. Why? I dont know! Too many people are aloud in & it just becomes chaos. I think the lifeguards try but they are young & look overwhlemed with it all. Changing rooms & toilets were not particulary clean & only 2 working hairdryers. To top it off all the vending machines were out of order.
This place has potential it just needs managing right & a big overhaul!

Reviewed 10 September 2014

Couldn't fault them, give a very generous group discount (30+) and we all loved it! Fun slides, great pools with a wave machine we had a great few hours!

Changing rooms were ok and the on site canteen served good priced hot food served quite quickly. Staff friendly and helpful, thanks to you all for our brilliant afternoon!

Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

My wife myself and two taraway teenagers visited the water park what a Fantactic day the price was very reasonable, a great day had by all .

1  Thank kevHull_England
Reviewed 1 September 2014

After reading some of the reviews here, I was unsure about this place (BTW, I think it disgusting that people are leaving reviews without even stepping foot in the place - so much for talking from experience!). However, it was close to where we were staying and with children who were bored of looking around the pretty shops in York, we needed to expel some energy. We paid £15 for four of us, which I consider to be great value compared to similar places and we stayed until closing time!

Yes, the place is looking a little tired in places (some rusting on metal, changing rooms were a bit messy etc), however, the complex provides plenty of water fun, including a wave machine in the fun pool, bubble pool (for adults only), a small conventional pool for those that want to swim rather than play, toddlers pool and a lazy river. There were large floats available and the lazy river provided us with endless fun. My older children especially loved the three slides - of varying levels of thrill (rubber ring - tame, mat slide - faster paced, and a very fast slide that saw most people landing with a shocked look on their faces (bikinis are not practical on this slide due to the force of the water!).

I think, if you can manage to overlook the tiredness of the place, and you've got a few hours to fill, you can't really go wrong here and it does provide good value.

1  Thank HomeAtMyHeart
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Haven't been for a couple of years and was concerned by some of the reviews, but have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. I watched from the balcony while my kids entertained themselves for an hour or so. From what I could see the place was very clean, although it is showing its age. I would advise arriving before opening (10 am) as there will already be a queue, and it does get busy later. Less than £10 for two kids is pretty good value as you wouldn't pay much less than that for a standard swimming pool. My only complaint was that the cafe didn't open until 11, so I was gasping for a coffee......

1  Thank DoctorToxic