“Good value and whilst not immaculate good all round fun”
Review of Water World - CLOSED

Water World
More attraction details
Owner description: This attraction is a fun-day out for the entire family, which offers a small pool just for swimming and a larger pool with a wave machine and lazy river.
Reviewed 23 November 2014

We went during October half term and whilst it got busy around 12, before that and after 3pm (as the staff advised us) it was quieter. The pool does have small bits of debris but these are from the floats provided and pads used on one of the 3 slides. The lazy river flowing in a circle with a gentle current was adored by our 5 year old and the 3 slides go from a slow staged affair on large rubber rings to a solo one where a mat was used to see you down and a very fast steep slide that does throw you at some speed to the drop off so plenty of variety, never too much waiting was required either and there were plenty of lifeguards on duty around the pool rotating regularly as is good practice which I was keen to observe being a lifeguard once myself too. The wave machine was not too ferocious and a common sense approach was used to errant behaviour like older children collecting floats into big piles and queue jumping too. Yes the pool is in need of some maintenance but nothing major at all and I imagine a closure for some period would allow a full refit and correction of tile erosion, rust on exposed metal areas and licks of paint where it is missing/peeling. The changing rooms are warm and under floor heated tiles are a nice touch but the family changing rooms are very small compared to many other such rooms we have seen in the past. Cost was fair considering 2 hours there easily passes and is good value. We will definitely return and use this again in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2014

My partner, myself & our 4yr old were on holiday in york & had been looking forward to going here. Had I read the reviews first we would not have gone!
The water was anything but clear & had so many bits floating from the disintergrating floats that were being used. U begged my daughter to try not to swallow any water. I would have got out but it would have broke her heart. She enjoyed the lazy river best but I believe you should not be aloud floats round there as twice a man & then a young girl crashed into my daughter. The man hit her with such force he actually put her under the water, I was not happy to say the least. The pools are no where near as big as website makes out, slides were shut & the toddler pool was closed withon the first half hr of us being there. Why? I dont know! Too many people are aloud in & it just becomes chaos. I think the lifeguards try but they are young & look overwhlemed with it all. Changing rooms & toilets were not particulary clean & only 2 working hairdryers. To top it off all the vending machines were out of order.
This place has potential it just needs managing right & a big overhaul!

Reviewed 10 September 2014

Couldn't fault them, give a very generous group discount (30+) and we all loved it! Fun slides, great pools with a wave machine we had a great few hours!

Changing rooms were ok and the on site canteen served good priced hot food served quite quickly. Staff friendly and helpful, thanks to you all for our brilliant afternoon!

Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

My wife myself and two taraway teenagers visited the water park what a Fantactic day the price was very reasonable, a great day had by all .

1  Thank kevHull_England
Reviewed 1 September 2014

After reading some of the reviews here, I was unsure about this place (BTW, I think it disgusting that people are leaving reviews without even stepping foot in the place - so much for talking from experience!). However, it was close to where we were staying and with children who were bored of looking around the pretty shops in York, we needed to expel some energy. We paid £15 for four of us, which I consider to be great value compared to similar places and we stayed until closing time!

Yes, the place is looking a little tired in places (some rusting on metal, changing rooms were a bit messy etc), however, the complex provides plenty of water fun, including a wave machine in the fun pool, bubble pool (for adults only), a small conventional pool for those that want to swim rather than play, toddlers pool and a lazy river. There were large floats available and the lazy river provided us with endless fun. My older children especially loved the three slides - of varying levels of thrill (rubber ring - tame, mat slide - faster paced, and a very fast slide that saw most people landing with a shocked look on their faces (bikinis are not practical on this slide due to the force of the water!).

I think, if you can manage to overlook the tiredness of the place, and you've got a few hours to fill, you can't really go wrong here and it does provide good value.

1  Thank HomeAtMyHeart