“Excelent”

Ranked #80 of 976 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$9 - US$53
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Real and authentic italian food with strong sardinian influence.Good selection of home-made fresh pasta , regional italian dishes, fantastic pizzas cooked in a real wood burn pizza oven .large screen tv featuring all the major european leagues games live.Original wine list with all the best sardinian wines at great prices.
A TripAdvisor Member
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Excelent food and ambient. The pizza was amazing and also The carbonara. My wife love it! We recomend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,194)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have visited before and had a fab meal so visited today with my husband on a day out. The restaurant was as always busy but they squeezed us in. Menu looked great but decided on davoli pizza’s with added black olives. Up there with the best we have ever had, thin, crusty edge, juicy tomato base with chilli, lots of lovey cheese. Homemade tirimasu lovely, hazelnut, chocolate and mascarpone cheese cake which tasted just like Ferreira Roche. Lovely staff and a decent price. What more can you ask, we will return. Gerry and Dave

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were hoping to dine here. Being a Monday night, and they had literally just opened for the evening, we thought perhaps we would see about getting a table. We were greeted with nothing but rudeness from the guy who made us feel absolutely uncomfortable because we hasn't pre-booked!!! I have had a lot of work Xmas parties here, but in future we shall be going elsewhere.

1  Thank Nicola C
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Food was average, nothing fantastic.
Very congested and noisy restaurant.
The staff were loud and arrogant, particularly the two managers/owners.
Being Australian, I attempted to thank the (owner/manager) in my basic form of the Italian language, by saying (belisimo,grazi) after he had poured my wine. He turned to a large group of Italian customers on a nearby table and made a comment that I couldn't understand, the entire table of customers(approx.10), all began to laugh and looked at me. Obviously the joke was on me. When I confronted this guy because this caused me great embarrassment and actually spoilt the night for my husband and I. He told me I was mistaken. (his next mistake was taking me for a fool).
He runs an Italian restaurant in an English township and this also makes his attempt at humour/entertainment highly inappropriate. From a 'moral' perspective alone, I would advise people to avoid this restaurant.Arrogance and ignorance does not encourage return custom.

5  Thank Vikki M
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed in York overnight and stumbled upon Il Paradiso del Cibo. Ratings for the restaurant were great and we decided to give it a go. We weren’t disappointed. The owner and wait staff were very helpful explaining the menu and the additional specials. The food was delicious and the atmosphere warm and welcoming. They were very proud of their Sardinian heritage and rightly so. We loved it so much we returned the next day for lunch! You could be forgiven for thinking you were in Italy. Il Paradiso del Cibo is right up there with George!

1  Thank Lyn T