All reviews yorkie bar large private car park city centre short cut chocolate bar biscuits great hosts leave your car railway museum feel very welcome railway line a lovely stay bus stop right micklegate bar breakfast was delicious front of the house family room
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Stayed 9/10th Dec with husband and 3.5 year old daughter. Great location and large car park to the rear.
Nothing but praise for the Apple House very clean and comfortable room, slept well on both night can only hear the trains fainty now and again as property is double glazed.
Good breakfast freshly cooked - choice of cereals etc.
There were books and games for children and they had guinea pigs in the garden

We only met Pam during our stay and she was lovely.
We will visit again

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I stayed here on a friends recommendation. This B & B is in a good location for visiting York as is walking distance from the centre (about 10 mins). It has ample off road, rear parking which is free.
The rooms are on suite and spacious and the owner was very pleasant and helpful. The only thing that let it down was that the room really needed to be cleaned. On arrival, the toilet was dirty, two of the pillows didn't have covers and had hair on them and the bathroom lights (two of them) didn't work. It was a bit of a bad first impression. However, i'd like to think that it may have been due due to my late booking, giving them the benefit of the doubt. The plus points did out weight the bad, but it would put me off saying again....sorry!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank GarlicBaron
primpops, Owner at Apple House Guest Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

I am so sorry your impression of The Apple House was a bad one. There is no excuse for us not checking the lightbulbs or pillow slips not being on the pillows. Out chambermaids at that time should have been more efficient in their servicing of the room. I am sorry for the dirty loo - it had been cleaned although I had let a small child and his mum use the facilities after they returned to collect their car and I should have ensured they had left it clean. Many apologies for your disappointing stay

Reviewed 26 September 2011

My son and I stayed here for 4 nights in August. The location was ideal- 10 minutes walk to the railway station and a short walk to the old part of York. Rooms were clean and comfortable and breakfasts were ample, with friendly staff. Pam, the owner, is very helpful, despite the demands of a sometimes busy guesthouse. Pam let my cousin park his car in the car park at the rear and we toured the city centre with him and his family. (old York is just a short walk from the B&B- another bonus. ) We would definitely stay here again.
Chris Pygott
Canada

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2011

My wife, daughter Georgia and myself stayed at the Apple House for two nights and really enjoyed it the breakfast choice was excellent with cereals, yoghurts and a large cooked breakfast the room was cosy the beds comfortable and the car park was very large and Pam is a lovely hostThe apple House is just about the right distance from York the trains do run quite close to the back of the B+B but we were not disturbed by any noise.To sum up we would recommend the Apple House as a good alternative to staying in one of the bigger hotels.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2011

would recomed this guest accommodation , very nice staff , wifi , tv with dvd player in the rooms. It was only about 10 ,15 min walk to the railway station and town.
ther was plenty of room . My room looked on to the back so now and again you herd a train but you get used to the noise quite quicky.
will be back again next time in york.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo