All reviewsyorkie barlarge private car parkcity centreshort cutchocolate barbiscuitsgreat hostsleave your carrailway stationfeel very welcomebus stop righta lovely staymicklegate barbreakfast was deliciousfront of the housefamily roomfull english
Reviewed 3 December 2014

The Apple House is situated 10 min walk from the city walls. I loved the fact that there was free secure parking at the back of the B&B and the staff (particularly Pam) were so friendly and helpful. We stayed in a family room as it was the only one left at the time of booking and it was clean and comfortable with a double bed and a set of bunk beds in a separate side room so you could have privacy if you had children in your party!! Tea, coffee and hot choc were provided to drink in the rooms and the Yorkie bars were a welcome treat after the 5 hour drive to get there!!! The en suite bathroom was clean and the shower was hot. Breakfast was lovely with a variety of choices and kept us full up for most of the day.
If I go to York again then this will be the first place I will try to book, it was great. Thank you for having us :-)

• Stayed: November 2014
2  Thank elinorscarlett
Reviewed 2 December 2014

There is little I can add to all the other glowing reviews. This is a wonderful place. I had a really miserable stay in a B&B in Coventry and the Apple House is everything it was not. I walked from the Railway station but after I checked in Jade showed me a short cut out the back door that cut the trip in half. It is very walkable to all the places you want to see. Breakfast is first rate and everyone is very nice and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Wayne D
Reviewed 29 November 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night on the 27th November and as usual the welcome from pam was great as last time we stayed she was away so it was nice to see her.It was also good to see jade again.We will be back again in the summer.See you all then.Thank u for a lovely stay .Deb and Dean.Scunthorpe.

• Stayed: November 2014
1  Thank Deb D
Reviewed 23 November 2014

Located close to the City Walls and the National Railway Museum, this is an ideal and very well appointed guest house offering en suite, a hearty and mouth-watering breakfast with welcoming and friendly "mine host - Pamela". Rooms are spotlessly clean, beds very comfortable (even a bedroom with a 4-poster) and rates are competitively priced. Within ten minutes walk you can be across the River and in the heart of the City, perhaps visiting The Brambles or The Jorvik Centre.

Room Tip: If you like train a rear aspect gives you a good view of the railway leading into the busy York station. The guest house also has its own secure car park at the rear.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PaulFabia
Reviewed 20 November 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights over 14th Nov - 18th Nov. It is only a very short walk from the Train station which is very handy if you are carrying bags. you can choose to take a short cut of a couple of minutes or walk around the roads for only a few minutes longer.

We had a very warm welcome from Pam and Tony, who gave us lots of ideas for things to do and personal recommendations on places to eat etc. Our room was lovely and cozy with a very comfortable bed, TV and DVD player to use if you wish. There are also lots of choices for DVD's, games and books on the landing outside the rooms if you want to stay in for the evening. However there is so much to do in York to keep you busy. The bathroom is a good size and was nice and clean too. There is a kettle with a choice of tea, coffee, hot chocolate and my girlfriend was particularly impressed with the Yorkie bar that we got in the room. It was also her birthday that weekend and Pam was generous enough to leave us a birthday card and bottle of Prosecco in our room. Very generous!

Speaking of generous, the breakfast was also lovely. We had the vegetarian full breakfast every morning, and they were very flexible if we made any requests and gave generous amounts of toast. I recommend the hash browns. There was a good selection for both vegetarians and meat eaters. A good selection of cereal, yogurt, full breakfast, croissant etc and fresh teas, coffee, juices etc.

We came on the train, but the car parking space was good, and if you do come by train then they allow you to leave your bags in the b&b after you've checked out, if you still want to spend time in York

We loved this b&b and will definitely be staying again

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple