Book In Advance

Ways to Experience White Rose York Free Tours - Day Tours
from US$197.57
More Info
1,192 results
All reviews knowledgeable guide free walking tour fantastic knowledge roman period city tour great guide amazing tour haw alan history facts stonemasons introduction minster character
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2021

My wife and I joined the free tour hosted by David yesterday and we cannot say enough positive things about our guide and White Rose’s approach to their tours. David’s knowledge of the city’s (and by extension, the country’s) history is truly exceptional and his passion for his subject is contagious. Being a big history fan myself, I was well-pleased and although my wife isn’t as big of a fan as me, David still imparts his knowledge very skilfully in a brilliant story-telling manner so as to ensure all of his audience is catered for; as a result she had a great afternoon as well. Clearly well-known throughout the city all the way from stall traders to the Dean of York Minster himself, you really feel as though you are being taken around by a man who is very much a part of the city’s furniture, all delivered in the proper Yorkshire drawl! To anyone reading my review I would also point out that for the ten rather mean-spirited and very much ‘missing-the-point’ reviews in the ‘terrible’ section, there are over 100 excellent reviews for each of these, just in case you are a stats fan!
Thank you David and White Rose for an entertaining, educating and thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Keep up the good work!!

Reviewed 14 August 2021

We were the only ones on the free tour and David tailored it to our area of interest. David’s approach to the tour was humorous and very interesting and gave us an insight into subjects that were fascinating. You would not be disappointed if your tour guide is David.

Reviewed 13 August 2021

My husband and I joined the free walking tour with David yesterday. He was a wealth of knowledge and answered all questions thrown at him with confidence. David read the group well and for those of us with less knowledge of dates and historical figures he had loads of great little stories to keep us engaged. Would definitely recommend a tour with David and the White Rose company.

Reviewed 13 August 2021

12th August 21 @11am walking tour with David Haw ..
Couldnt praise him enough ,very knowledgeable and spoke clearly, also making the tour fun by including all members of the tour party.
Many thanks David..and take the time to get to Norwich you will love it....
M&Y.

1  Thank Inspiration587103
Reviewed 12 August 2021

David is a great guide with lots of experience. He tailored the information and tour route to the group’s preferences/needs and pointed out great snapshots of the city. Good sense of humour too. Even introduced us to one of the minster priests passing by.