B+B York(York)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
US$126
US$94
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$84
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$95
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$263
US$137
  • Pool
Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$89
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

Holiday Inn York City Centre(York)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$125
US$98
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

US$166
US$88
Priceline
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

All reviewsthe pubitalian chefriver walkbarbican centrefull englishmin walkfour posterthree nightsstayed here for one nightyork racesdefinitely stay here againfeel very welcomea great stayexcellent breakfastbiscuitscooked breakfastvisiting york
Reviewed 22 September 2016

Lovely characterful pub retaining many original features. We had the four poster room which was nicely sized, light and airy thanks to four windows and the highest ceiling I've ever seen in a room!
A very pleasant 10 minute walk along the riverbank takes you right into the centre of York. You certainly wouldn't need your car at all.
There was no food available when we stayed which I was informed was only temporary. Some people have commented about the road noise and noise from the bar. It's an old pub with single glazing next to a busy road. If you're a light sleeper who wants peace and quiet after 9 o'clock it's not for you. We had no problem with it and will be staying again in future.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2016

Just what we wanted, Modern decor, lovely Four Poster Bed ( If a bit creaky). Good quality bedding and furniture. Most importantly nice & clean. Good shower, toiletries provided. Plenty of tea, coffee, nice biscuits too.

Would stay again.

Julia

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2016

I stayed for two nights over the August 29th holiday.

As I was planning the York portion of my trip I was wanting an inexpensive stay within easy walking distance (well easy walking distance for me) of the important sites and the York train station, and for my wants and needs The Lighthorseman filled the bill.

For the 2 nights I stayed in the single ensuite room for 40 pounds a night. The room included a single bed, wardrobe (and a room safe in the wardrobe, and TV. The room size was small as expected for a single room, however the ensuite toilet and shower was much larger than expected -- and everything was clean and properly maintained. The room also had a large winder that properly functioned and I was happy to have a winder that I could open.

The inn and pub is an old Victorian building with the rooms of the Lighthorseman all located on the floor above that pub. The pub was busy each night and I even went down and enjoyed a cider at the bar, yet the pub and activites downstairs were quiet enough that I could not hear a sound in my room.

A full English breakfast was offered for an additional 7.50 pounds each day, which I thought to be very good.

Over all I was quite happy. Room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The breakfasts were tasty and if I were to visit York again I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2016

Given that the check-in for the Lighthorseman is 4pm we phoned ahead to get in earlier. Despite this we found it hard to get in when we arrived at 12.30pm. A member of staff did eventually let us in reluctantly when we rapped the kitchen window round the back, but when we asked about another couple who arrived at the same time as us and had tried around the front, she said that she'd seen them but thought they were locals looking in the window and so ignored them.
All in all not the most auspicious welcome to the place. To be fair there was a much warmer welcome from another member of staff later on when they were actually open and we went back to check in properly. Other than that though it was an unexceptional stay. Nothing to complain about but nothing to mark it out or make it special either.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Flaneuur
Reviewed 21 August 2016

Landed at this delightful place by chance while looking for a place to rent at Fulford. The bar cum restaurant was well lit with natural light. The Australian Chardonnay was for £3.75 for a 250 ml portion (very affordable). Me & my friend ordered the risotto (chicken and the vegetarian option). The chef who also served us was very friendly. The portions were pretty large (only £8). Food was very tasty. The beer garden at the back was in full bloom and had a mix of settees and wooden seating with large boleros, looked lovely and cosy. This place is also a hotel with en-suite rooms.

Stayed: August 2016