“2 Day Stay”
Review of Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman
Ranked #85 of 194 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Arrived on Thursday afternoon and were taken straightaway to our room which was quite spacious, as was the bathroom. The bed was comfortable, there was decent wifi and tv with plenty of channels. The cooked breakfast was pretty good and plentiful with plenty of toast. The hotel was very handy as it was only a short walk from the centre of York, you could also walk down by the side of the river which was very pleasant. If I had a complaint it would be that the towels were on the small side and were not changed. Apart from this we enjoyed our stay, the staff were very nice. Quite surprised that they closed the bar at 11pm on the dot though even to residents of the hotel although that didn't bother us much. On the plus side though there is parking in the pub car park which is very handy in a place like York!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank calisgirl

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night whilst visiting some friends in York. The female owner was very friendly, showed me to my room and explained the different keys and side door allowing me to come and go as I pleased. My room had a double bed and mirror, wardrobe and coffee making facilities, television, lovely spacious bathroom and many plug sockets. The bed was comfortable and I was provided with a welcome guide and clean towels. I was very happy with the room and the free parking and internet was great too. The only issue I had was with checking out. I was told that checkout was at 10am, however I waited downstairs from 9:50 to 10:10 and nobody showed up. Being in a rush, I had to simply leave the keys and set off. I will definitely be returning in the future though and would strongly recommend this lovely place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Very close to city centre.lovely friendly staff.very helpful.food is very tasty.nice clean place to have a drink and eat.nice outside area if Sun is shining and plenty of parking..close to barbican centre.can walk there also a short walk to the city centre

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Booked a double room with a four poster bed: lots of space and clean bathroom. Tea, coffee and biscuits were a nice surprise and ample towels and the room was nice and bright. The manager gave us coffee while we waited for our room to be ready, and rang a taxi for us as were were heading to York Races: forgot Hubby's tie and he even went the extra mile and lent him one! We didn't opt for breakfast. Good selection of beers at the bar and the food looked nice. Pleasant beer garden too, with comfy sofas. We enjoyed our stay and it's a short walk into York.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Stayed here with my husband June 3rd and 4th this year. We arrived early in York and called to see if we could get early check in. We were able to do so and the staff were very helpful, even carrying bags to our room. Based on the taxi from the train station, I was worried about being far from the town center, but after some directions from the staff realized we were just a pleasant, shaded river walk from town. We didn't need bus or taxi at all during our stay. The hotel is old and has a lot of character. Our room was large enough and the bathroom was quite large with a big tub. I did feel like it could do with a deep cleaning, but it wasn't unbearable or anything. We enjoyed breakfast both days. We really felt the staff was the highlight of our stay, they were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple