“Perfect ! ”

Ranked #179 of 917 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$4 - US$60
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Winner Winner Restaurant serving up Organic free-range Rotisserie chicken, wing, burgers and steak! But we don't just do food we have some truly inspirational cocktails and craft beers
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Amazing value for money! Had a T bone steak which was perfectly cooked. Sides were amazing too.
Friendly, helpful staff, and chef who - you could tell, really cared about quality of the food he was serving !

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

We happened upon this place on a weekend away in York - it was great!! Our waiter, Ryan, recommended the BBQ sauce to go with our burgers and I'm glad he did as it was the best BBQ sauce I've ever had! The portions were massive, quality and quantity. We had the jalapeño poppers to start as well which were lovely, as was my cocktail before we ate.
Totally recommend this place, perfect all round. We were so well looked after, Ryan even ran after us when we left a bag behind, oops.
Thanks very much, yum yum!

1  Thank Alice C
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

Okay so me and my boyfriend were staying in York and stumbled across winner winner! We were served by a guy called Sam, who was exceptionally friendly and really helpful when we couldn't decide on what to order! He went above and beyond and offered to make me a mojito even though it wasn't on the menu, which I thought was really sweet. At first look of the menu I thought it was a tad expensive for burgers and fries however I wasn't disappointed, and the food was definitely worth the money, the quality was awesome, cooked to perfection! We stayed for a couple more drinks and got talking to other customers and the staff. It was a warm and friendly atmosphere and the food really was amazing, by far the best burger I've ever had!

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

Been a number of times as it is close to home. Been as a couple and with kids too and my husband and I absolutely love it.
The chicken is fantastic and the Bad Mother Clucker is definitely a winner and the nachos and chilli are some of the best I have ever had. They sell a Brooklyn lager too which always gets a thumbs up from the husband. However I do always leave feeling as if I need to flog myself as punishment for my gluttony.
Unless you are a health freak you will not be disappointed if you visit here.
One thing that could be improved is catering for kids. It's currently just a small burger meal for £5, or if you have 2 little ones like us we buy one maryland chicken meal (chicken and chips) and split it between 2 kids or they have a macaroni cheese and corn on the cob. I think a little bit more on offer for the kids during the day wouldn't go amiss, maybe a mini chicken burger or smaller chicken goujons or mini sharer plates for them to pick and mix, including a bread side order maybe (garlic bread or pitta slices), my kids always ask for garlic bread!
The above recommendation isn't a complaint we will be back anyway, just the kids are less enthusiastic than we are.
In fact I can't wait for my next Bad Mother Clucker!!

1  Thank Champers1
Reviewed 18 January 2017

visited our favorite place for New Years Eve, what a fantastic atmosphere; food excellent as always, service and staff so warm and friendly. This is the kinda place ya wana keep going back to again and again and again. thank you for a yet another delightful experience. HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS and keep up the good work x