“SUPERB FOOD”
Review of thida thai cuisine

thida thai cuisine
Ranked #404 of 983 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$16 - US$30
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Thida Thai Cuisine is one of the best Thai restaurants in the North of England. Thida Thai Cuisine was established in York in 2004 and is located on George Hudson Street, in close proximity to the town centre. The aim is to provide excellent authentic Thai food, in a traditional and warm atmosphere. We pride ourselves on giving customers a fantastic service and would love to welcome you to our restaurant.
Reviewed 3 October 2016

One of only a few Thai/Oriental restaurants in York( ten zillion Italian though).
Beautiful establishment, clean, tasteful, friendly helpful staff.
The food is to die for, we had chicken satay, spring rolls and soup to start.
The main course was spicy chicken and veg stir-fry, and jasmine rice. I had two beers.
It was SO tasty and very reasonably priced.
I cannot recommend this restaurant enough,

Reviewed 23 September 2016

We ordered dinner for 4, for as soon as possible. We were quoted 20 wait time, and indeed order was ready when we arrived and staff was friendly at the restaurant. A good start.
However once home, the chicken dishes ordered (green thai curry & massaman curry) were a huge disappointment. Meat did not feel fresh and we wondered if it was turkey instead. Not a good experience. Other dishes we below standard for our taste too. Would not recommend it but cannot comment on in-room dining.

2  Thank baltzur
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Ate there mid-week. I had the veg spring rolls and spicy pork noodles. Staff were friendly and a attentive, and happy to give suggestions when asked. Food was fine, if a little oily. I would say it was very similar to a take-away. Price was good. Starter and main for under £15. Fine if you're just looking to fill the gap.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Avoid this restaurant at all costs!!! Chicken tasted stale and days old! The waitresses were rude and unattentive and too busy talking to each other! And don't get me started on the manager/owner, what a vile lady she is, no manners whatsoever and never in my life have I witnessed a manager of a business speaking to paying clients the way she was! How she has managed to keep this restaurant running is beyond me. Disgraceful.

4  Thank LaurenLouise11
Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

I have been here a few times before and always been nice . I came here tonight(12th may 2016) with a friend as I suggested this place to her as she's never tried Thai before. Other than us there was only 2 more tables in. We both had a starter which was lovely then came the main...a chicken dish in a potato basket. I am going to start off saying it was vile.. the chicken was old and did NOT taste fresh! Having mentioned the fact it was dead in the restaurant the waitresses didn't come to ask how our meal was once the main had come. Then they came to collect the plates mine was more or less full she didn't ask if everything was OK so I in the nicest way possible told her it was awful. She came back with the receipt with it on at FULL price! I was shocked so I enquired about not paying for that one dish at least! Then the manager came out..!!!! Oh my lord!!! she was arguing with me saying it was my fault I should of mentioned it and that she was actually more worried about the started as she felt it was over done! She did not fill me with much confidence at all. Never have I been in such a disgusting situation like this before! Also she added that just because I work in a profession where I deal with clients that I should know customers aren't always right! The restaurant has been more or less empty each time now I know why. Awful chicken and the manger well ...she hasn't got a clue what customer service even means!! Never come back here and I will be warning all my clients and friends to spread the word!!

5  Thank Serena A
Manager T, Owner at thida thai cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

When your table was cleared, and our waitress asked if everything had been OK, you said that it was fine however you did express your dissatisfaction with the chicken cashew nut dish and commented that it had a different taste to garlic chicken dish, which you preferred. It was explained to you that while the chicken was the same in both dishes (the same cut), a different cooking method had been used; the garlic dish is cooked in oil and with a very high heat while the cashew nut dish is cooked in a sauce so it will have a different texture and taste. The other table you referred to had the same cashew nut dish and commented that it was nice. However we understand that people have different palates and preferences.
The plates were then taken away and a bill was presented to you. You then advised that you were not paying the full bill, however as you had eaten almost everything, our waitress did not feel that a free meal was due in this case.
A 10% discount was offered to resolve the situation, however this was declined, and you laughed loudly in the Manager's face when she suggested that you did indeed eat the dish that you now choose to call "vile" on TripAdvisor. Subsequently a photo was taken of your empty dishes as you made it obvious that you were going post on here. Unfortunately we cannot post the picture on this reply but should you wish to contact us privately, I would be happy to refresh your memory.
Our waitress should have visited you during your meal but found that you did finish it rapidly. The restaurant was quite at the time of your visit and the waitress was standing nearby so could have been called over at any time if you were unhappy. There were no signs of any dissatisfaction until it came to paying.
We understand that sometimes customers may prefer some dishes to others, so are happy to offer alternatives or a refund if the meal has not been eaten. Unfortunately there are people in this world that will purposely complain to avoid paying for food, which is very unfair and disheartening to the staff .
For the last 12 years running, same chef, same family, and same recipe still we can’t please everyone. There are good, bad and ugly in York. The worst of all people like you finished the meal and refused to pay. It happens all the time here for the last 12 years I missed count. Judging from your age between 17/20 years of age, heavy make-up, hair and that hand bag, very uneducated and no manner indeed. And yet we gave you 10% off the bill and that is your pride and dignity we gave you!