“Delicious Brunch”
Review of Wheldrakes

Wheldrakes
Ranked #1 of 33 Dessert in York
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Description: A small homely licensed independent coffee shop/cafe, available as eat in or take out. We are proud to do our share of using eco friendly products & waste management. Our house coffee blend is served here, Teapig teas & real hot chocolate or even a tipple of something stronger. We pride ourselves in homemade produce sourced locally fresh to order. From Homemade soup, scones baked daily by hand, homemade cakes, brownies, freshly made sandwiches & paninis, jacket potato, weekly specials, & much more. Catering for your dietary requirement. A little gem in the heart of the walls of York, we are situated near the monkbar. We do not take reservations & hold tables as we are a very small coffee shop.
Reviewed 2 August 2021 via mobile

My partner and I stopped at Wheldrakes for brunch on a Monday lunchtime. After a short wait outside, we were seated and presented with a small but varied menu, as well as specials. We both had a variation of the halloumi, mushrooms and peppers dish - mine on sourdough, my partner's on flatbread. Service was quick and friendly, and the food was absolutely delicious. Would have no hesitation in recommending to others - thanks for the perfect start to the day!

Date of visit: August 2021
3  Thank paulcM1982KR
Write a reviewReviews (704)

Reviewed 2 August 2021 via mobile

Superb food & Fantastic staff, so friendly & attentive. Had breakfast yesterday & ploughmans lunch today, can't wait for tomorrow!

Date of visit: August 2021
2  Thank jen n
Reviewed 31 July 2021 via mobile

Well organised, great food with very friendly staff. Brunch with family & 18 month baby. Felt very welcome, used booster seat. Lovely home cooked food.

3  Thank Explorer65719641636
Reviewed 30 July 2021 via mobile

Wheldrake was recommended to me my friend for breakfast and it certaunly didn't disappoint.
Went for the full English and I can honestly say it was the tastiest breakfast I have ever had, everything on the plate was cooked to perfection. Also the staff were very helpful and extremely friendly.
I will definately visit Wheldrakes again the next time I an in York.
Simply outstanding.

2  Thank Philcarver
Reviewed 29 July 2021

Visiting York while on holiday in nearby South Cave and decided to have breakfast out. I had read some reviews before I visited and decided it was worth trying. Lovely little place, quite busy at 9:30 in the morning. I ordered a small English breakfast and a flat white. Delicious taste from all the ingredients and a very tangy chutney to compliment the bacon and sausage. In the window were delicious looking cakes and if I had the time I'd be a regular. Well recommend giving this cafe a try. Staff were polite and helpful too.

2  Thank Bikerbabe1964