“3rd visit ”
Review of All Saints Bistro

All Saints Bistro
Ranked #658 of 1,571 Restaurants in Northamptonshire
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

When visiting the town i like to come here for abit of peace and quiet and a chat and a nice cuppa they do a lovely latte and a range of snacks. When im back down there I will pop in again

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Decided to visit this cafe after many trips walking past. Me and my partner arrived on a Wednesday afternoon, walked in and were greeted pleasantly by a lovely man, we took our time deciding which wasn't a problem at all, ordered a pannini to share and two cups of tea, at the last minute a pasty caught my attention and I ordered with no objection from the staff at all.

He asked how we wanted our tea, proceeded to make a good proper Brew and told us he would bring our food out to us.

Well. That moment really blew us away, he arrived carrying 3 plates, two of which were slate with absolutely fantastic presentation and the most delightful side salad.

We began to eat.. My God I ate... It was hands down the best, brie, cranberry & bacon pannini I have ever tasted, nay, the best pannini end of, I have ever tasted. The pasty was delightful, tasted extremely fresh and arrived with a selection of sauces.

This, is now our Wednesday afternoon visit. No question about it.

Thankyou.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

This is a lovely little café based in All Saints Church in the middle of Northampton. Plenty of outside seating and a beautiful and interesting interior. We just had a sandwich, and although pretty basic cash & carry ingredients, they were fresh and generously filled. They also came with crisps and a large side salad - this had a lovely dressing on it and when my husband enquired how it was made, he was shown a large Chef's Larder bottle! It's an unpretentious place with prices to match and none the worse for it. I would add that they had an amazing selection of cakes on display - I wish I had returned to sample them. Highly recommended for a quick snack in very nice surroundings.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Let's be clear; it really pains me to write this review, as I've eaten here several times before and I also love the owner's other outlet at Abington Park Cafe, but my most recent visit to All Saints was extremely disappointing.

My wife and I were meeting my stepson in Northampton and decided to eat here as it's central and the good weather meant we could sit outdoors. On arrival, there were several tables free but all were laden with the debris from previous diners. We selected one and sat down to read through the menu, expecting our table to be cleared and cleaned...we waited. After a bit of chat and discussion of what we were all having, I headed indoors to order. There was a young lady behind the counter. I said I wanted to order but that our table needed to be cleared; the latter statement received a dismissive wave of her hand. I ordered our first choice and started on the second but was interrupted by a loud shout of frustration fro the young lady and the till popping open. She ripped a receipt from the till and I started again, with the same result. She then wandered to the back of the cafe and shouted for help. A young man arrived. A heated exchange ensued. He then asked me for my order, which I gave him. He took my payment then picked up the receipt from the abortive first order and asked my if that was also mine? I pointed out that I'd repeated that order to him, twice. He insisted he hadn't taken it and so I needed to pay the difference - to be fair, on checking the menu, I discovered he was correct but by now the multiple repetitions of my order and abortive attempts to pay had left me deeply untrusting that he'd got anything right. I paid for the remaining item and said again that our table needed to be cleared. I was told it would be "when they could". I therefore offered to clear it myself, which I did, although my repeated requests for a cloth to wipe the table fell on deaf ears. I rejoined my wife and stepson for what proved to be a lengthy wait for our food. Eventually, the chips and salad elements arrived, along with coffees. My stepson pointed out he'd ordered a coke, to be told he had to come to the counter to pick it up! At NO point had that been mentioned to me AND I'd cleared the blasted table for them!!! The final insult occurred when my prawn Marie Rose sandwich arrived after a 25 minute wait and had transformed into tuna mayo.

My wife spotted an advert asking for a manager for the cafe. That individual can't arrive a moment to soon! The food was tasty, but this level of so called service is not acceptable.

1  Thank John-frae-Banff
Reviewed 3 May 2017

This small cafe was a real find on a cold day in Northampton. We just wanted a simple lunch at a resonable price, and we were served delicious baked potatoes with a choice of filling andlovely salad. Plus very good tea and coffee. It was so good we went back for tea later. It's in cafe in a church with very clean modern toilets and tables outside for warmer days. The staff were very friendly and a wide range of people were eating there, tourists from overseas, families, and business types, so it seemed popular.