The Roade House Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Hilton Northampton(Northampton)
  • Pool
The Walnut Tree Inn(Northampton)
View Hotel
All reviewscock innquiet villagestoke bruernestayed hereb busual tea and coffeethis lovely hotelthe pubsilverstone classican early startcomplimentary watersmall fridgetrouser pressgood sizevisiting silverstoneattending an eventneeded somewhere
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2016

We stayed for a two night break over my birthday. Staff were lovely. Not 'pushy' but helpful. Breakfast was all that you'd expect - cereals, fruit juice, full breakfast if you wanted it. We chose poached eggs, mushrooms and grilled tomatoes on toast. More than adequate. Plenty of tea or coffee. Room was clean and large. Good sized bathroom with complimentary soaps etc. A nice touch of choccies and juice in the fridge. Always welcome! Coffee shop underneath where we met up with relatives for coffee and also a nice lounge area. New owners took over in December. We wish them every success. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank honeychild43
Reviewed 4 February 2016

Wonderful hotel friendly caring service. The Pub across the road (The Cock in Roade) is owned by the same people and served great food. I would recommend the sizzling stone steaks. Great service in both places. Vanessa and Ness looked after me so well I had a very relaxing stay and recommended the place to my company to use when other colleagues need to stay over for business.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason B
Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

Had seen some adverts on social media for the coffee shop re opening so thought as we had family visiting we would try it out for lunch.

I ordered a ploughman's and as my title suggests it was far from good. The cheddar and Brie were completely tasteless, there were no grapes as the menu promised, the bread was fair to middling, the butter was a tiny portion in a plastic portion pot more suited to a road side cafe than a village deli. Of the two orange juices I ordered (that were poured from a carton of extremely cheap from concentrate brand) they were completely different sizes despite the same price paid for both.

Maybe I was expecting too much but for the price I paid and the quality of clientele I would expect local fresh produce bursting with flavour, something for the staff to boast about not substandard over priced food that you could buy better than in Tesco.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank garff1e
Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

Never disappointed with Roade house. Food is always excellent quality, can be pricey but it is worth it.
Steak is my favourite, tender and juicy!
Sunday lunch is good value for money, often go with family.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2015

Recommended to me and I'm thoroughly grateful: Fantastic Food - nice rooms - nice people. Also in a very convenient location close to M1, A5, A43 and handy for Towcester Racecourse. I stay in lots of places on business and this is one of the best!

Allan b