“A great friendly evening”
Review of Encounters

Encounters
Ranked #26 of 1,370 Restaurants in Nottingham
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018

A very warm welcoming place. The service was excellent, the food delicious and well presented. A good time was had by our party and we are planning another visit for the Christmas meal

Reviewed 3 June 2018

I dined here back in 2013 at a colleagues retirement dinner and was very impressed with the quality of the food and the hospitality. There are multiple “chains” and independent eateries in Nottingham but I chose to host our annual school reunion here (there are six of us who meet on a regular basis). I cannot agree with a couple of the negative reviews, both from Nottingham residents, as in my experience Encounters is a small, friendly family run establishment which goes out of its way to provide an excellent eating experience. Dishes are not produced in fifteen minutes; orders are taken for starters and mains, all of which is freshly prepared and cooked and brought to your table not a moment before it’s ready. I cannot comment on lunch experience but our reunion dinner was delicious and delightful, good wholesome food freshly cooked to order. Yes, you do have “communal” vegetables and chips, as one reviewer mentions but these are an accompaniment to your main dish. My party, who had come from as far as Lancashire, Warwickshire and London were very impressed with everything on offer, including the excellent service offered by our hosts. Yes, each dining experience is individual but I can say with honesty that I would definitely choose Encounters over majority of the alternative eateries, purely based on my very positive visits and I think it deserves its #29 out of over 1000 eateries in Nottingham. Good value, great food, friendly service. Thank you very much for a delightful evening which we would, without a doubt, repeat in the future.

1  Thank AuntieBogus
Reviewed 29 May 2018

A wonderful choice for the lunchtime two course menu at £9.95. Beautifully cooked and plenty to eat. Well worth a visit

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

What a great experience! Superb friendly service and outstanding food at a great price.
Best meal of our holiday!!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We had a very special lunch for Mother's Day. The food here is always excellent and plentiful but the choice of menu for this day was really tasty. Thanks again, be back very soon.