Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel
US$66
PremierInn.com
US$84
TripAdvisor
Premier Inn Nottingham West Hotel(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
1,179 results
All reviewscity padprivilege roomcomplimentary soft drinkscity centrelace market car parkfletcher gatenespresso machinebars and restaurantslovely hotelnoise from the streetair conhotel barcapital fm arenaone way systemmulti storeygreat central locationsaturday night
Reviewed 3 March 2018

we went for after noon tea special.cream on nearly everything,far to much used.we have been on many afternoon tea meals,all over England, this was not so good.bread dry,not a very good choice of varied cakes.staff ok,butwe will not go back.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank peter h
GuestRelations L, General Manager at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you so much for your review.

I am very sorry you did not like the selection of items provided on your afternoon tea. I thank you very much for mentioning the items mostly consisting of cream in some way shape or form. I will indeed speak with our chef to ensure that the variety provided also means some do not consist of cream elements.

I am extremely sorry you felt disappointed. I can assure you I will personally speak with the chef about your experience and use your feedback to assist us in improving our product and service.

Thank you once again for your feedback Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel is well situated
The room was very small on arrival :(
Changed to a better room
No heating couldn’t sleep all nite
Single sheet on the bed no extra blankets .
We had to ask for heater .
Not 4 star ⭐️
The breakfast was a disaster staff in and out cold area to eat draughty.
Dident get a breakfast as it was cleared up before got the chance .
We would not go back to cold .poor
Service.
Go to any there hotel

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lepird

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Green,

May I firstly thank you for kindly providing the TripAdvisor community with your recent review.

I am extremely sorry to see you did not experience us at our usual very best. Indeed the AC did fail during your stay and I am genuinely very sorry for this.

I am also very sorry that the heater proved to be too noisy for you. Extra blankets and sheets are always provided if requested and I am therefore also sorry if we did not have this opportunity while you stayed with us.

Breakfast is indeed cleared at the end of service. Our team do not ask any of our guests to leave while they do so and am therefore also sorry that you felt as though you were being rushed due to us clearing away and tidying the breakfast area around you.

Once again Mr. & Mrs. Green. I am very sorry for the AC failing. I very much hope we will have the opportunity to be able to welcome you back in the future so you can experience us at our usual very best.

Should you require accommodation in the future please do contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to be able to personally assist in your reservation process.

Thank you once again for your honest feedback.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

I have stopped at the Mercure Nottingham several times now with my wife and every time has been excellent - last time (Feb 18) we were upgraded to a kingsize superior room and this was exceptional. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble; the hotel restaurant was fantastic as too was the Curious Tavern bar attached to the hotel. I would definitely recommend and I would not stop anywhere else!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glynn-Dawn

Dear Gynn-Dawn,

May I firstly thank you for taking the time to leave us your recent review.

I am truly delighted to read that you have chosen to stay with us numerous times, this really is the biggest complement that a guest can give any hotel. This really is appreciated and means a lot to us.

I am so pleased we have had this pleasure of being able to welcome you back so often and delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you also for your very kind comments about the team here, I will be sure to share this feedback with them.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us so often, I very much hope the team and I have the opportunity to be able to do so once again in the very near future.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Checked in and the first room my husband and I were given smelt like someone had just been smoking in there - rang reception who sent someone from housekeeping who confirmed that the smell was really bad and that air freshener would not get rid of the smell.

We were allocated a new room which was so small that it was a struggle for both of us to move around. All in all very disappointed with our stay.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Belle D
GuestRelations L, Manager at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear Belle D,
Thank you for taking your time to leave a review.
Mercure Hotel Nottingham is a Non Smoking hotel and I apologize that the guest prior to you had chosen to ignore this and proceed to smoke in the room and I further apologize that our housekeeping team failed to inform the reception regarding this therefore reception could not avoid to allocate this bedroom to you.
I am however very glad that the team managed to find you an alternative bedroom for your stay. I am sorry that this bedroom was not to your liking and you found this smaller in size. As our hotel was built in 1822 all the bedrooms, even from the same bedroom category, come in various sizes and shapes therefore there are no 2 bedrooms that are exactly the same size.
Thank you once again Belle D for providing feedback from your stay.
I hope we can welcome you back with us again in the future where we can show you nothing but our very best.
Kindest Regards
Sabrin Daoud
Operations Manager

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a when me & my boyfriend went Nottingham for a few days. It really was a lovely hotel, I was a huge fan of the decor! You can tell it was thought about very carefully when being done. Also, the first night we ordered room service, which was a simple burger, it was lovely, I do highly recommend the chips! They are massively chunky home made chips & they were beautiful. We also paid for the breakfast which was a standard hotel assortment but was tasty. Ordered it to the room for first morning & had it in the breakfast section the next. Although you can order a lot to the room, I do recommend going down as you can get a bigger portion. The staff were great & also really friendly. The shower was to die for. Overall it was a great stay. I will say however, could be a tiny bit cheaper to accommodate for the fact that the hotel doesn’t have its own parking. I know you get money off parking which was really helpful but that’s still money on top of the stay etc.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samuel B
GuestRelations L, General Manager at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear Samuel,

Thank you so much for your review and for taking the time to submit it.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also pleased to hear you like the decor throughout the hotel as much as I do. Thank you also for your very kind comments with regards to the experience you had while dining with us. I will certainly share your comments with the chefs who I am sure will be as grateful for your feedback as I am.

All of our rooms are already priced accordingly with the service we are able to provide in mind such as no parking on site. We are however (as you mention) able to discount a local car park down to £5.00 per 12 hour period / £10.00 per 24 hours by our reception team validating the ticket prior to collecting your car from the car park. I am pleased you were able to take advantage of this.

Thank you once again for all of your feedback which is gratefully received and for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Nottingham. The team and I very much hope we will have the pleasure of being able to welcome you back soon.