“Good value and good food”

may sum buffet restaurant
Ranked #397 of 1,370 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: post code NG1 6LF tele 0115 912 2000 ‎
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Plenty of choice and the food was good, staff were good and friendly, paid £11.50 which was a lot cheaper then a bigger Chinese restaurant about 5 mins walk away which wanted £30 per head for a set menu.
Would certainly go back

Reviewed 17 November 2017

We went on Wednesday, dont go on Wednesday go to the Angel on Stoney Street where the entire menu is half price all day. Enough about the Angel. May Sum is a large, busy and thriving Pan Asian Buffet Restaurant (chinese to me). When we got there it was so busy I was thinking 'We are not going to get a table here'. The guy at the entrance found us one though. When you first enter the greeter will tell you the lunch is £7.50, however if you are a senior (which I am) you get 20% off. All you can eat chinese buffet for £6. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. The food was plentiful, well cooked and hot. For a lunch time there was plenty of variety too. The staff do not hover around wanting you to leave but they are very efficient at clearing your spent crockery and cutlery. Food trays were constantly being refilled. The place aws clean and tidy. Definitely on my list to visit again next time I am in Nottingham. We didnt get drinks so I am unable to comment on the prices.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Look if you are looking for 5 star rated restaurant please be prepared to pay 5 star money!

I payed £11.50 for a reasonable 4 plated loaded with food. Ok some bits were a little cold but I did like the selection and the vast majority was tasty.

The Pepsi or coke ..... is neither though!

Would I go back, I would not rush back but hey you could have far worse.

Never used the facilities so can’t comment on those

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Nice Buffet with a big selection of food (in the evening). They could maybe make a little bit more effort on the dessert selection

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Dropped in here for a spot of lunch as in the area and price was reasonable,we got sat quickly and were asked what we would like to drink,requested a large bottle of water which unfortunately they did not have so settled on tap water instead as did not want a small bottle,there was a selection of food typical of a buffet but I found the food not very hot and had to wait a while for food to be replenished ,not sure if I would return again.

1  Thank bovLincoln