2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$75
PricelineUS$75
TravelocityUS$76
Trip.comUS$76
1,301 results
All reviews double tree warm cookies great hotel king room city centre plenty of free parking modern hotel wedding reception great shower walk in shower air con excellent stay comfortable stay excellent breakfast bar area comfy bed one night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2021

I had an overall great experience staying here on Friday-Saturday. Parking is easy in the large free car park. On arrival, the receptionist was friendly and polite and super-efficient. The king-size bedroom was spacious and comfortable and spotlessly clean with a very nice en-suite bathroom with large powerful shower. The self-service buffet English breakfast was of a good quality and very well-stocked, the only minor disappointment being the self-service machine coffee, which was average at best. Overall very good indeed. Especially good were all of the staff from reception, dining room, cleaners, who were all polite and friendly without exception.

Management response:Responded 30 November 2021

Thank you for your great review! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay, and hope you will visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 26 November 2021

This hotel is perfect location for car park and ride- tram network into central Nottingham for shops and attractions. Phoenix Park/Cinderhill stops are easily accessible by foot.

The plus points:
Breakfast here is superb- well cooked, plentiful supplies of hot and cold food that cater for all tastes. The staff are very friendly, courteous and efficient for regular food supplies and requests. The three course Table D’Hote dinners are also very good value for money considering this is a high end corporate venue. The King size bedroom is very roomy and the beds are very comfortable - they can also accommodate up to four people utilising extra sofa bed. The bath and shower room also quite spacious.
The negative points:
The receptionist on our arrival was curt and not friendly-advised our room would not be serviced due to Covid as our stay was for more than one night.
Our room overlooks the main trunk road into Nottingham and is very noisy on a weekday morning when rush hour starts around 5.30am. If you can best to get a room on the other side of the hotel which is quieter.
There is a major design fault with the taps over the sinks. If the taps are mistakenly left on a trickle the water is not caught in the designer sinks- it leaks onto the floor developing into a major flooding problem very quickly.
The Topaz Bar is not an ideal eating area- as the area is open plan it is directly open to main entrances and is draughty and unpleasant, particularly during winter months. It is also near the main bar area where diners tend to be intimidated by rowdy corporate drinking sprees nearby. Why can’t diners have the option to use a much quieter, draught-free Blossoms restaurant area if they want- it only seems to be used at breakfast time, a perfect dining area for all meals every day.

For better value book in advance on weekdays as weekends do tend to be very pricey.

Room tip: Book in advance on a weekday with room facing away from main road
Management response:Responded 30 November 2021

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us - we sincerely appreciate your feedback, and will use it to improve our service.
I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed your breakfast with us, and that your room was adequately large and comfortable for your stay.
I will ensure your comments on both the sink design and our Topaz Lounge are passed along to the relevant departments in order for them to adapt as needed.
It was a pleasure having you with us at the hotel, and I hope we can welcome you back again in the future, in order for us to truly exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 11 November 2021

My shower had mold/pink mildew and hair covering an entire corner; the room was dark, partly bc there are only a few lights, bit mostly bc of those lights, only 2 had working bulbs. the bed was hard as a rock, and then upon checkout, they charged me 2x and I'm still waiting on the credit to be sorted with my bank.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Management response:Responded 16 November 2021

Thank you for your response, and please accept my apologies your stay was not up to standard. I have reached out to you personally in order to help resolve this issue, and look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 30 October 2021

On the 28.Oct.2021 we arrived at our hotel for a break I am disabled and my wife gets time to recover during these breaks. We have been coming to The Double Tree Hilton Nottingham this very hotel for over60 occasions over 27 years, I booked this for my 9 year old Grandson birthday. He just loves calling room service.on this occasion something went wrong with the booking and I ended up in an unsuitable room for the Oxygen Equipment I carry I asked the manager’ is there anything you can do?’ The answer was no the result being we had to leave.

Room tip: Well if you can get any room you are blessed
Date of stay: October 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 31 October 2021

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, and please accept my apologies that the stay was not up to our usual standard.
Unfortunately, we had no larger rooms available to move you to from the room type you had booked, and so as a gesture of good will cancelled your reservation for you free of charge when you decided to leave. I'm sure you can appreciate that without the availability, we are unable to upgrade to larger rooms.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future, and I hope it's evident from your many visits to us over the years that this occasion was an anomaly outside of our control.

Reviewed 22 October 2021

Our room was directly above a wedding venue with full sound system. Guests rowdy in corridor. Hotel offered ear plugs and feeble apologies.
The room was hot but ok, rather small.
Staff members were apologetic but the manager at the checkout told me that “people want to party on a Saturday night”.
If you want to party, there maybe better places to go in Nottingham. If you want to sleep, think carefully before you book a roomhere

Date of stay: October 2021
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Management response:Responded 25 October 2021

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, and please accept my apologies for the noise issues you faced during your stay.
Whilst we do try our best to have as little noise disturbance as possible during the weddings we have at the hotel, sometimes it does get a little noisy, and we try to let all guests know about the event on check in so they're aware. I'm pleased to see that the team offered ear plugs and were apologetic.
We hope you will consider staying with us in the future, in order for us to restore your faith in the hotel and exceed your expectations.