Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$78
Hotels.comUS$78
Agoda.comUS$78
travelup.comUS$98
1,296 results
All reviews double tree warm cookies great hotel king room city centre plenty of free parking modern hotel wedding reception great shower walk in shower excellent stay comfortable stay bar area excellent breakfast comfy bed one night stay car park
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 January 2022

Stayed in this place consistently during the 90s early 2000s when it was known as The Gateway. Stayed a few times before Christmas 2021 and after; was to be my last. My first recent experience resulted in a written complaint. Dirty drains, housekeeping placing clean towels and sheets directly on the floor in the corridors, televisions that have rarely been moved to wipe beneath. Response; “will speak to housekeeping. Hope you will have the confidence to stay with us again”. And the swivel chairs in the rooms which always drop due to depleted hydraulic systems lifting the seat cover will reveal their 20 years plus age. Gave them another try on that occasion asked for the Hilton Awards ‘Diamond Members’ drinks allowance. Told “we do not do it because of COVID” asked of the significance of COVID vis-à-vis Response “oh really it’s because we can’t afford it” RAISED EYEBROW. The last straw was when I asked for a food container at Breakfast as despite Breakfast being served until 11am, if there are few guests you can feel the rush on to get you out. ‘Hurts the appetite’ Despite previously being provided with a container, I was told Tara an assistant manager said you cannot have one. Shocked when I spoke with her directly to be told, “I know what you are trying…” asked her to explain. Reply, “you’re trying to get your lunch as well” My response “hm! I wanted to take food from my plate to the room and protect it from Airborne bacteria” The suggestion was in short that it was my intention to surreptitiously elicit/steal food from the Breakfast Buffet (which no doubt was heading to the bins). It is beyond my comprehension why they would alienate potentially thousands of pound’s worth of business in the coming months. Her emphasis was on telling me she is going to go after the person who gave me the container previously…

I have spent most of my professional life in hotels. This is by far the worst one. Penny pinching given a new meaning, such as dead light bulbs in most rooms not replaced to skim consumption. Always check rates on the app, as they will provide excessive rates. As is clear from the response to other reviews, these people pay lip service to the concept of customer service and feedback, which to a professional or indeed anyone who is sincere and honest is as transparent as their glass elevator, revealing all the garbage within.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 13 January 2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you faced during your stays with us.
I responded directly to your written complaint and did indeed pass your comments along to our Housekeeping team, who are changing their practices in some respects from your complaint.
I'm sure that you can appreciate the tentative balance the hospitality industry faced during the pandemic and lockdown, and that most businesses are now in recovery mode, and indeed cutting costs where necessary and applicable. Unfortunately, this meant that we stopped giving complimentary drinks vouchers for Diamond & Gold members, however we did give out goodie bags as another way to recognise and appreciate our Hilton Honors guests.
In regards to your complaint about Breakfast, a take-away option is available, which if you let the Team know on arrival into the restaurant, they will provide for you. However, we do not allow guests to have a sit down breakfast in the restaurant, and then also take food away with them, as this technically constitutes two servings of breakfast.
I appreciate your feedback and will ensure we use it constructively in order for us to improve service in the future.

Reviewed 27 December 2021 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights with my wife as part of a broader trip including other areas of the UK.
We often stay in more budget range of hotels (Premier Inn), but thought we would splash out on the higher rates of this hotel.
Certainly an impressive external glass frontage with moat (and resident moorhens). Foyer very tastefully decorated for Christmas and glass atrium giving lots of natural light.
Room itself was spacious and comfortable. No bath but large shower. (Wife requests a positive mention for the extendable illuminated magnifying mirror in the bathroom).
Bed itself and duvet both very comfortable.
Staff were friendly and welcoming overall.
We ate at the hotel on one of our nights there, and to be honest were slightly disappointed at the range and quality of food - not poor exactly, but just about average.
Breakfast was good, but I wouldn’t have wanted to pay £18.50 each morning as advertised on the website (we took a £10pp option in advance).
One minor picky criticism for us was that although the room was comfortable, the lighting was not very bright. Fine for most of the time, but not ideal for locating dropped jewellery!
Location is on the outskirts of Nottingham, with good public transport links, but we found it more convenient to drive the few miles in to the city as it is well served by car parks.
Overall a pleasant and comfortable stay.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 29 December 2021

Thank you for your lovely review about your recent stay with us. I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your time, and that you found both the amenities and staff pleasant. I appreciate your feedback relating to the food & breakfast, and I will ensure this is passed along to the relevant departments for us to improve service.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future!

Reviewed 23 December 2021 via mobile

Great hotel just off the M1 Jn 26, , very clean , lots of free parking , spacious well featured , highly specified “king room” . Super breakfast great selection of freshly cooked products . With pancakes . Outstanding ”can do”service. Definitely stay here again , highly recommend Hilton .

Room tip: Easy access to M1 Jun26. Lots of parking available, well furnished room .
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 24 December 2021

Thank you for your great review! I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay, and hope you will visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 13 December 2021

My experience with the hotel was the worst ever. The rooms I stayed in were very filthy filthy with mould in the bathrooms. Customer services was very poor compared to the Hilton that I have experienced in the past

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Cosmopolitan589518
Management response:Responded 17 December 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm sorry you were dissatisfied with your stay, and can assure you this is not the impression we want to leave our guests with. If there's something more specific you'd like to discuss in regards to your complaint, please feel free to get in touch with the hotel and ask for me specifically.
I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future, in order for us to restore your faith in the hotel and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 6 December 2021 via mobile

Very modern hotel with great transport links to Nottingham and M1. Stayed in a king room and impressed with the quality of the hotel. Given the usual warm doubletree cookie on arrive, plus a goodie bag for being gold in hilton Honors reward scheme. So impressed with breakfast, they had an auto pancake
Machine where you Press the yellow button and you can’t see it making your a fresh pancakes. Everyone in the breakfast room was so impressed. Reception staff very polite and professional. Nice to see free parking also.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank JosephSpendlove
Management response:Responded 7 December 2021

Thank you for your lovely review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay (and goodie bag!), and I will ensure your kind comments are passed along to the teams! We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the future.