St James Hotel
US$78
  • Breakfast included
US$66
PremierInn.com
All reviewssleep spraycrash padnottingham castleboutique hotelwhite companyfour posterthe penthousecar park next doorlovely hotelcity centrecoffee machineexecutive roombar areatop floorbreakfast was deliciousfew minutes walkstayed for one night
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

I recently found an awesome Groupon deal for an afternoon tea with Prosecco and bought 10 for a Hen get together I was organising, I was blown away by the St James and what they laid on for us! It’s a beautifully tasteful boutique hotel, we had masses of sandwiches, cakes, patisserie and coffee and tea! I can’t recommend it more highly. Thank you so much St James .

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Julian S, General Manager at St James Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear VikkiP JohnL

I'm so pleased that the team looked after your party and particularly that you found our deal to be awesome! Spread the word and best wishes from all at St James Hotel for the future wedding.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Well worth the 2 for 1! Central location, attentive staff, beautiful hotel and amazing food! Choice of drinks, sandwiches, loads of cakes, scones and a goody bag if you wanted! Brilliant treat for the female family members!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear traceyede

Thank you for your lovely feedback which I will share with the team. We hope to welcome you back again soon, the offer is still running!

Reviewed 27 February 2018

What a lovely hotel this is ..... so stylish with tasteful individual decor in bedrooms . Room was spotlessly clean , and towels and toiletries were luxurious , the shower gel smelt beautiful ! Even the hot chocolate and biscuits were top quality . Coupled with a view of Nottingham Castle from the window and fabulous location this hotel ticks all the boxes and would be a great choice if staying in Nottingham .

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Lynn W
Julian S, General Manager at St James Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear Lynn W

Thank you for your lovely feedback and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

When booking I was very impressed with the lady that took our booking. She was so helpful with information on where to eat, where to park etc. Unfortunately this set my expectations too high for what we received. Reception has a little wow factor but once in the lift and in the corridor on our way to the rooms it's dark and dingy. The automatic lighting in plublic areas is slow to kick in so many times left us standing in the dark. Our room was ok although not the cleanest with broken biscuits on the floor and dark matted hair clump on the blanket for the bed,which grossed me out to be honest. Breakfast food was ok but the dining areas were messy with lots of food bits all over the floor. Looked like it had not been cleared from the night before. Disappointing experience throughout our stay apart from reservations when booking and Laura on departure was pleasant. On Saturday afternoon when taking the lift it was beeping because there was four people in it and a guy on reception shouted across the hotel 'get out!' I couldnt believe he was talking to us like that, very unprofessional. It's a good job it was weekend and i didn't have my 'business head' on or i would have gone over to him and confronted his aggressive approach. But I wanted a relaxing break and did not chose to rise to it. We will not be returning to this hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sharon1lomas

Dear Sharon1lomas

Thank you for your feedback which I will most certainly investigate.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I gave this hotel the opportunity to reply , even telling them on check out I'd rather tell them their issues to their faces than come on here, however , needless to say after false promises of the manager contacting me, AND completing their own questionnaire via booking.com they still cant be bothered (why even send a questionnaire out in the first place)
In a nutshell, its really poor - the staff need training in hospitality , no name badges, male receptionist repeating over and over my room number in a loud voice , I'm a female checking in alone, this is unacceptable. Dingy corridors, silver walls - really? Chipped woodwork, broken toilet seat, shabby bathroom.
I could go on but quite frankly I've wasted enough time on this place already,other hotels in this price bracket far exceed this one.
I wont be returning.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank slath
Julian S, General Manager at St James Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear slath

Thank you for your review and I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations. Your review is a bit of a mystery as my team don't recall your feedback on checkout and having looked at our hand over diary there certainly isn't a log about your complaint. I've also searched our feedback on booking.com and whilst I respond to these regularly I can't match your feedback to that posted here so maybe you didn't complete the feedback form correctly?

That said I am disappointed if your room number was repeatedly used, in a loud manner during check in, this certainly isn't our standard and I will be investigating this with my front office manager. It would of course help if you said which room or when you stayed as 'slath' doesn't give me much to go on.

I will always defend my team as being the best in Nottingham and our reviews reflect this so I'm sorry you feel they need more training, although your comment of course is broad but probably relates to your check in experience which I will deal with as mentioned.

In a nutshell we really are a fabulous hotel and I have an amazing team of staff who simply love delivering the high level of service that we are known for, I'm just sorry that you didn't experience this and would urge you to contact me to discuss your comments further.