“Can’t fault”

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Colwick Park. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Nottingham’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Been here a few times, always found it pretty average - what a pleasant surprise! Lady who served our table was bubbly polite and welcoming. Tasters for starters were delicious and such good value. Carvery was really delicious the gentleman serving was chatty and welcoming - food was spot on looking forward to going again, amazing value.

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Colwick Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Missg26807, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out!

The team will be so happy and motivated by what you have had to say. We always react to all feedback what ever so we can keep improving and moving forward but this is one of those yes we got it right moments.

Sarah Smith
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Thus place is amazing, all the food was lovely, cooked really well and friendly staff ...top rate place to visit for young and old

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Colwick Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Apgood1973, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at Toby Carvery Colwick Park.
Your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us.
Thanks again for taking the time to leave us this information about your recent visit. Take care!
Team Colwick Park

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Love the food here but the system needs a Review. I came to eat here whilst being heavily pregnant after purchasing my carvery went to sit down and began to feel unwell. The others in my group all ate there dinners and waited for me but I did not feel well enough to eat. I asked for a takeaway box as hadn’t eaten a thing to be told they don’t do take away. I asked for some foil or anything I took take home to be told they don’t have foil. Don’t have foil in a chefs kitchen I found that hard to believe. Then was told actually it’s not because they don’t have foil it’s because of health and safety reasons. Well I actually bought the meal so it was mine to do with as I wished. I understand the reluctance to not serve takeaway as people
Will load there plates to take home but given the circumstances I think the managers discretion should have been used here It was clear for all to see I had not eaten and was not taking advantage of taking extra food home

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Colwick Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Hi Laurenparnam, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with your visit.
I agree we should have been able to sort something out given the circumstances and I will be feeding this back to the team as you say common sense. We'd like the opportunity to turn your experience around. Please reach out to us at 0115 940 1313 at your earliest convenience to discuss how we can turn this experience into a positive one.
James Dean

Reviewed 19 May 2018

Just dropped in yesterday and got seated straightaway, the waitress that showed us our table was really pleasant and friendly , the carvery was second to none all of the food looked just out fresh and was all hot you just couldn’t fault anything , never seen spinach out before but it was lovely ,the roast were delicious as was all the other veg , we couldn’t eat a pudding as was two full , we had a voucher for two meals for £10 so this was an added bonus .10/10

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Colwick Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Elaine
Just been reading you review you have put on TripAdvisor it's really great to read and know you enjoyed your Carvery with us and that the team gave you good service (shame you didn't leave room for the pudding )
Glad to see you took advantage of the 2 for £10 app as well Toby does like to give back to our guest where they can. I will be posting this up for the team to read they will be really happy it's nice to get positive feedback.
Sarah

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner come every week and we love it every time. Food is always fresh and second to none but the service is exceptional every time too. We love the staff, so nice to see so many of the same faces every time we come, they are all so lovely especially Kat she is the most friendly waitress I have ever come across, really kind and happy to talk to anyone. Thank you all of you and keep doing what you’re doing!

Hi Hetty

What a lovely review you have left for us, that's so kind of you and I know for a fact Kat will be made up with the comments that left about her in particular. We do have a good team here at Colwick and it tends not to change too much in the way of new faces and we have such a lot of regulars re-visiting it gives our servers chance to build up that relationship with guest .

Thank you so so much we really applicate you feedback