“First and last visit here ”
Review of Cafe Rendezvous

Cafe Rendezvous
Cuisines: British
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

I love Station Mill Antiques and visit regularly. I had some time today so decided to go to the cafe for a drink and something light for lunch.

I have no problem with a simple menu so although I was disappointed not to be able to have a cappuccino, I understand coffee machines are expensive. I thought £8 for a toasted sandwich was steep but again, not the reason for this negative review. I opted for the cheese and chutney sandwich and it was nice. Lots of cheese, fresh bread, and very tasty chutney.

I went to pay and took out my card as I never carry more than a few pounds in cash. Get told it's cards only. Ask where the sign is that says that and get told it's on the wall. Which is it. On a sign which I didn't notice as I came in and then sat facing away from. I thought I was going to have to leave and go draw money (would I have to leave a promise of my first born child as a guarantee I'd be back?) but then remembered someone had paid me back in cash and so I had £20 in my bag. Relief. That kind of information needs to be very visible BEFORE people sit down and eat. Surely I can't be the first person who didn't have cash on them?

The cafe has baked goods on the counter and as I have a friend coming for tea later I asked for 2 Rocky Roads as a takeaway. They don't do takeaways he says. It's 2 biscuits not a Chinese meal for a family of 7.

Now I really do like to support small local businesses and I have respect for those who work hard to run them. But this level of inflexibility is unacceptable to me. As far as I know there is no regulation preventing a cafe from offering takeaway baked goods so really how hard is it to buy some paper packets?

As another reviewer mentioned, you don't feel very welcome at this cafe and this is completely accurate. While the staff (who I assume are the owners/managers) weren't rude, they weren't warm and welcoming either.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Pleasant friendly attentive staff. Reasonable prices and nicely presented . Good menu on offer . Pleasant surroundings

Reviewed 26 May 2016

Chipping Norton is a beautiful Cotswold Village, full of beautiful and historical Cottages on winding roads. Beautiful Market Town with many historical places to visit, great shops, restaurants and Tea rooms. My sisters and I walked by the Cafe Rendezvous and opt to eat here. We were not disappointed. Though we only had an Afternoon Cream Tea, cake,scones and coffee, it was all very tasty and fresh! The Cafe was really cute and the service was good!

Reviewed 7 May 2016

Always a pleasure to eat here, friendly staff and always free top up with coffee. Love this cafe it never disappoints!

Reviewed 17 February 2016

As this is practically on my doorstep I'm down there on a regular basis. Lovely tea rooms which also serve light hot and cold snacks when you've finished browsing all the antique stalls contained inside. Really lovely place to visit - any day of the week!