“It has closed.”

Price range: US$20 - US$33
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located on Little Clarendon Street, Strada serves up authentic Italian food in a spacious and stylish setting. The restaurant is perfect for taking a break from shopping, holding business lunches or enjoying leisurely dinners with friends and family. Strada Oxford is a part of the well-known group of contemporary Italian restaurants located on the high street serving good quality, simple, freshly prepared dishes using the finest seasonal produce available. The menus offer hand stretched pizzas, fresh pastas and risotto, as well as grilled meat and fish dishes.
Reviewed 17 September 2014 via mobile

Sad but Carluccio's has returned in its place and is better. Strada needs to find a new home. Oxford remains woefully bereft of decent restaurants in its centre.

2  Thank andrewbillen

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Went there on a Wednesday night as a party of 6. Wasn't our first choice but decided to give it a try. Unfortunately a huge party (20 or so) of University girls from some sort of sports club were there too. We were seated right next to them. We could not hear each other for the entire duration of our meal. Whilst the restaurant was busy at first it became almost empty within half an hour or so, the manager could have easily offered to relocate us anywhere else or alternatively asked them to lower their voices. An incredibly unpleasant atmosphere. To top it off this group of girls managed to spill some of their red wine on one of the our guests' white shirt. And no, there was no apology.

Needless to say we complained to the manager about the whole ordeal, which he was apologetic about. Wished he chose to be proactive instead of having to apologise for such a disastrous evening. Whilst I appreciate a buzzing atmosphere in a restaurant, I do not like to feel as if I am dining in a nightclub!

The food we ordered was a bit of a hit and miss but mostly a miss. The prawns for a starter were very tasty, while the quality of the meatballs was worse than those of any supermarket. The pizza was very tasty too while slightly undercooked. The sea bass was bland. The steak was definitely too pricey and overcooked.

The service on the other hand was nice. There were a couple of issues but all of them understandable when the restaurant was nearly at full capacity at the beginning of our meal. The manager was also apologetic but not proactive to avoid this awful experience.

Needless to say, we won't be coming back! You can forgive the quality of the food and the service was great overall but if you value atmosphere then I would advise you to look elsewhere to avoid feeling disappointed!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

In Oxford for the day midweek, we dropped into Strada for a quick lunch. Service was friendly, bright and efficient, although to be fair there were few other diners. The venue is fine, especially when seated near the front windows for people-watching!
We started with bruschetta pomodora and funghi al forno - each good, although the latter maybe a little dry. We didn't need any additional olive oil, but anyway wouldn't have wanted the chilli-infused bottle of oil provided.
We then both had ravioli ricotta spinaci in tomato sauce, well-cooked and again very tasty, especially with the hand-grated fresh parmesan offered, finishing respectively with limoncello trifle and ubriaco affogato (latter differs from the 'standard' affogato in the icecream, and by including a shot glass of amaretto). Both good, and interestingly well-flavoured.
The pricing is just a bit on the high side to justify an otherwise-deserved 'very good', on this showing.

1  Thank WillsCheltenham
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Markedly average.
We ate early evening (6pm on a Monday) so it was quite quiet. Whilst I can't say that the service was slow, I would worry about how they would cope when it was busy.

We've been spoiled by eating more often at Branca (a 5-10 walk away from Strada) so I will tend to judge by those standards, but even accounting for the difference in price, I felt a little let down with my meal.

Like a previous reviewer, I wouldn't be happy to pay full price here. The meal-deal offer that was on the table seemed good value, but needs to include something to snack on whilst waiting for drinks and mains.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Food was average. My boyfriends chicken and spaghetti looked like a child's meal you would cook in your home oven, however my seafood risotto was quite tasty. Service was average. I would only return with a special offer deal coupon that they often email, as it's not worth the full price