“Doesn’t get any better”
Review of The Jolly Postboys

The Jolly Postboys
Ranked #12 of 703 Restaurants in Oxford
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Description: An honest pub in the community of Florence park.
Description: An honest pub in the community of Florence park.
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

We arrived tired, hungry and jet lagged. We shared a number of delicious tapas type food and had the pistachio cheese cake for desert. Great service and atmosphere.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Lovely local pub that has developed a very good menu fish and chips are great . Excellent range of both craft and local beers. Service is excellent and staff really know their beers. Beer changes regularly. Don't be put off by the exterior i on what was once a main road it looks a bit like a Watneys 1930 s pub inside is good decor. There is also a reasonable sized beer garden

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed our meal - the atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming. Has a nice beer garden and lovely decor. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Royalvilas
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Been meaning to visit here for ages
My other half ordered the roast lamb and I had the roast beef, the veg was the freshest and tastiest I have had in a very long time, the best cheese cauliflower too
This was our first visit but certainly won’t be our last

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Don't be put off by the ordinary exterior; this is a pub with character and a good vibe. The staff are super friendly and helpful and this makes a massive difference to the visit.

The beer is really well kept and equally well priced. I think that a pint of decent pint was about £3.50, and that's quite refreshing, especially after paying town centre prices earlier in the day.

I'm going to give a bit of constructive feedback as opposed to criticism because this is the sort of pub that I really want to see thrive - it's obviously run by people who care and that shines through.

I'd sort out the bench seating inside as they are too narrow and the dado rails stick in your back - really uncomfortable!

The food is OK but not amazing; the prices are just a bit too high.

We'd definitely return