US$371
US$103
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

US$111
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$112
Orbitz.com
US$126
US$122
Official Site
Premier Inn Oxford Hotel(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$78
PremierInn.com
All reviewshomemade granolathe buscity centrebanbury roadprunessummertown shopsbreakfast was deliciouson arrivalsmall hotelbiscuitsminute walknorth oxfordtop floorsingle roomcomfortable bedb and bguest house
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I stayed to the Burlington House Hotel at the end of January when I had just moved to Oxford. I stayed only one night but I was very impressed with the quality of the accommodations. The room we were assigned to had recently been renovated and was absolutely lovely. The bed was so comfortable as well.

We had a nice breakfast inboxed the morning that was included in the rate. The food and service were excellent. The manager ( unfortunately I forgot his name as it was quite a few months ago) was extremely nice and recommended us restaurants in the area.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends/family. It is a great find that is a little outside the centre of Oxford, and which I prefer to the busy centre.

Room Tip: The room we had on the top floor was amazing and spacious
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2017

It's hard to find a decent hotel close to the city centre which isn't at an extortionate rate. If you find a a cheaper hotels nearer town, be prepared to compromise on quality. I have stayed here a few times for work, and with free parking, it's the perfect middle ground between close to the city at a competitive price. Lovely hotel and decor, up to date interior. Friendly staff and great cooked breakfast. Highly recommend this hotel when staying in Oxford. It's about a 8 minute ride on the bike to town or 25-30 min walk depending on your walking pace. Restaurants within 5 minute walk of hotel in SummerTown.

Room Tip: The single rooms are still very big. Call the hotel for description, because they can be different.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2017

This is a good B&B, but I'm not sure it deserves 5 gold stars.
The breakfast was mostly jolly good, two parts less so -- bland coffee, and not-very-well microwaved scrambled eggs (maybe poached would have been better?) The rest was fine - a medium-sized buffet, good bacon, sausages and mushrooms. The much-hyped bread was OK. Responsive, willing service.
Our "courtyard" room was disappointing -- modern, somewhat dark, a good spacious shower room let down by a lack of floorspace in the bedroom (on one side of the bed in particular) and a lack of space to put things down. The Banbury Road is busy during the day but we slept well. Can't speak for the rooms in the main house (which for obvious reason will presumably vary in space and layout).
I know Oxford is expensive, but I'd expect better for £115 a nigh for two

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2017

We spent a lovely couple of nights in this hotel. It is about a 10-15 minute bus ride from the City centre but buses are so frequent that this wasn't a problem. We were warmly greeted, with offer of refreshments, and shown to our room. We had booked the king room which was spacious and comfortable. It had the best shower I've ever used! No AC but a fan was provided which was more than adequate. I had emailed ahead to ask if gluten free bread could be provided for my breakfast and they had also purchased GF muesli for me, which was a nice touch. Breakfast was delicious, leisurely, and we never felt rushed to finish at the advertised time. Diane and her family and staff were delightful and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol B
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Burlington House was a new choice for us after staying in Oxford on many occasions. It's out from the city center but has buses going in all the time, ending at Broad St., maybe 5 minutes or less apart. One can get a pass for the week to save money on that inconvenience. However buses, for my purposes for 1/2 the week, are available to Woodstock and Chipping Norton, the other direction. The other nice aspect of this new to us location is that it's much closer than in city centre to the trails over to Port Meadows, where one finds the Perch and Trout Pubs which are cherished places to visit in summer. The Boat House where you can obtain a punt is also fairly close----as is walking to the Victoria Arms, another summer treat on the Cherwell. Summertown itself, where Burlington is, has many delightful restaurants, a great wine bar, some shops....very pleasant.

Apart from location, the Hotel is delightful. We had a quiet room on the top floor, spacious enuf for England, lovely family who is most helpful running the hotel and serving a chef prepared breakfast daily. Diane saw to our every need and beyond. The house cleaning staff did their job well also. There is no AC but our room faced North and stayed quite cool during the day, so when we returned after a busy day out we were able to get a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: We had room 1---quiet, up 3 flights---good view out of the residential area.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business